Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My LaView app will no longer let me login... I have been using this for about a year with no login issues, but yesterday I restarted my phone, and when I checked on the doorbell, the main login screen appeared, but It says the login info doesn't match their records. So I tried recovering my password- says my phone number is not recognized. I then uninstalled/reinstalled the app and tried to add my doorbell, but it says the device is already registered to an account? Any ideas?
Thanks
Factory reset the bell

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How has anybody been able to get the firmware file from LaView, I've searched this thread and seen folks share the dav file via drop box(old versions of LaView door bell firmware). I would like to try the a different firmware, like the one from Nelly with the different wave audios, but would like to go back if needed.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How has anybody been able to get the firmware file from LaView, I've searched this thread and seen folks share the dav file via drop box(old versions of LaView door bell firmware). I would like to try the a different firmware, like the one from Nelly with the different wave audios, but would like to go back if needed.
They are all interchangeable and can go back to older version

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the latest RCA firmware version for this doorbell?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
latest copy of the RCA can be obtained by the RCA app and firmware upgrade there. last I check it is way behind the firmware available here

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
latest copy of the RCA can be obtained by the RCA app and firmware upgrade there. last I check it is way behind the firmware available here
I've loaded other variant firmware a year ago and want to test switching back to see if their latest version is any different or better in perf.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've loaded other variant firmware a year ago and want to test switching back to see if their latest version is any different or better in perf.
You would have to downgrade to one of the earlier version to get the app to upgrade it

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You would have to downgrade to one of the earlier version to get the app to upgrade it
Okay thanks for confirming that's what I thought I might have to do since I haven't found any copies on the web so it's going to be 2 step flashing route.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
For everyone having issues with it disconnecting/showing offline randomly (and sometimes still getting notifications), it's not your doorbell specifically. A lot of people are having the same problem. It works great on the LAN only but the cloud connection is where the problems seem to start. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, if at all possible.

Due to these issues and others I believe they've discontinued that model and are supposed to be releasing a new one sometime next year.

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oddly I have the NSC-DB1 running for 4 days now. Moved a WiFi extender within 8ft of the doorbell. I put doorbell cam online. Registered it through the app. Then promptly deleted the camera from the App. The camera has been very stable thus far (going on 4 days). I even turned the wifi extender off making the camera go offline. I put the extender backup and the camera came back online w/o a hitch. I know all of this defeats the purpose of having the doorbell camera. But I honestly think it isn't the camera so much. Yes it's weak and needs a little more horsepower. But I think the weakest link in this camera being a success is the crappy app and the server infrastructure supporting it. It just can't handle the data traffic.

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For everyone having issues with it disconnecting/showing offline randomly (and sometimes still getting notifications), it's not your doorbell specifically. A lot of people are having the same problem. It works great on the LAN only but the cloud connection is where the problems seem to start. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, if at all possible.

Due to these issues and others I believe they've discontinued that model and are supposed to be releasing a new one sometime next year.
I believe you're exactly right. My camera would go offline and still give me notifications. See my earlier post. I put my camera online and deleted it from the app. The camera has been online with Blue Iris for about 4days.

Ehab Saad

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe you're exactly right. My camera would go offline and still give me notifications. See my earlier post. I put my camera online and deleted it from the app. The camera has been online with Blue Iris for about 4days.
With Blue Iris, can you still get phone notifications when someone rings the doorbell and be able to video chat to them directly? If so how does it compare to the app, any delays?

69ragtop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have read several pages of this thread and still have a problem. I can see video through iSpy (found the rtsp URL in this thread so thanks), the Uniden app, and the hikvision app. However, through the uniden and hikvision app, it was done by adding a camera that the app found online. This method does not enable the doorbell functionality or firmware upgrade. When I set it up using the QR code, everything works except I cannot stream video. The notification when the doorbell button is pressed works. Trying to upgrade the firmware also fails via the uniden or hikvision app. Any ideas?

Edit: When I go to https://www.hik-connect.com/devices/page, the camera shows there.

Last edited:

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have read several pages of this thread and still have a problem. I can see video through iSpy (found the rtsp URL in this thread so thanks), the Uniden app, and the hikvision app. However, through the uniden and hikvision app, it was done by adding a camera that the app found online. This method does not enable the doorbell functionality or firmware upgrade. When I set it up using the QR code, everything works except I cannot stream video. The notification when the doorbell button is pressed works. Trying to upgrade the firmware also fails via the uniden or hikvision app. Any ideas?
you don't add the doorbell using online devices in the app. you add them either by scanning the QR code (which you did anyway), or add them manually by entering the S/N number, followed by entering verification code. adding online devices on your phone app is very similar to using rtsp where the online device just stream live video out to the app without other functionalities.

now back to the part of not able to streaming video when you added the doorbell using QR code. i recently have the same problem. it didn't have this problem for at least 9 months for me and now all of a sudden it's daily missing live stream video. i will try to get a repeater closer to the doorbell as suggested several posts above to eliminate possible weak antenna problem.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
With Blue Iris, can you still get phone notifications when someone rings the doorbell and be able to video chat to them directly? If so how does it compare to the app, any delays?
As far as I know you cannot get button push notifications/2-way video chat with anything except the Hikvision apps (Hik-Connect, Guarding Vision, iVMS-4500). I don't personally use BlueIris so I could be wrong.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So Im looking for a recommendation here. I am going to purchase today or tomorrow. Which version would you recommend? (RCA, HIK, etc.) Im using Blue Iris with Foscam cameras. Wish list is: day/night vision, operating off the standard wiring for a door bell, Dark brown cover plate, possibly 2 way communication, good HD camera. Im about 20 feet from my ASUS AC-86U router which sits on top of a 6ft high cabinet.

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless you're just wanting a WIFI camera at doorbell level, I wouldn't bother. The Hikvision doorbell app doesn't function as advertised.