Switch issues

chris70cuda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just purchased four Dahau 5231rp-z cameras, computer and blueiris. Just need to figure out this switch if anyone can be of help. Here is my problem:

I purchased a linksys SE3008 switch. I am not sure now that it will work with my system. For some reason I think it is a normal switch and not POE. The back of the box shows an IP camera can be hooked up but I have my doubts. Can anyone assist me with confirming this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased four Dahau 5231rp-z cameras, computer and blueiris. Just need to figure out this switch if anyone can be of help. Here is my problem:

I purchased a linksys SE3008 switch. I am not sure now that it will work with my system. For some reason I think it is a normal switch and not POE. The back of the box shows an IP camera can be hooked up but I have my doubts. Can anyone assist me with confirming this.
it is not a poe switch...read the threads discussing switches..there are many.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

chris70cuda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you are willing to learn how to use a managed switch look at this - it is not plug and play
https://www.amazon.com/8-Port-Gigabit-Managed-Fanless-GS1900-8HP/dp/B00GU1KULM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1520289861&sr=8-7&keywords=zyxel+managed+switch
otherwise select an unmanaged switch
Sorry I am very new to this. But can I keep the non poe switch just for my tv and other devices and buy one just for the camera system. Then if I do that how to I connect my internet to both switches. Maybe I am over complicating it. Just want to make it easy for me to plug in my internet devices and cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry I am very new to this. But can I keep the non poe switch just for my tv and other devices and buy one just for the camera system. Then if I do that how to I connect my internet to both switches. Maybe I am over complicating it. Just want to make it easy for me to plug in my internet devices and cameras.
Stick to un-managed switches to keep things simpler.

Yes you could use your non-poe switch for other non-poe devices. It's pretty simple you just connect switches together with a cable, just don't connect more than 1 cable between any 2 devices (meaning don't connect 2 cables between switch A and switch B).