Switched to "Direct-to-disk Recording" - No Clips?

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi experts.

Just switched to D2D recording, but I no longer see clips being displayed on either BI or web interface.
I do see the alerts. What am I missing?

Been using Blue Iris for a few years (on latest version) re-encoding (20 cameras), but since I'm about to add six more, I need to reel in CPU usage so I decided to try D2D.

Any tips?

On Edit: Almost forgot. Nothing being recorded to the folder where the "new" clips usually go. I just restored from earlier config where it reencodes again, and it starts to record to the folder right away.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mainly use the iOS app but I use D2D on all of my cameras and I see my 10 minute clips (Per my settings) per camera as well as each triggered recording as well. Maybe show your settings and disk utilization from the report icon in BI.

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep looking. Just tried again with the latest version and same. The camera that I enable to D2D, does not record video, only clips (stills).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep looking. Just tried again with the latest version and same. The camera that I enable to D2D, does not record video, only clips (stills).
what model camera? try disabling hardware acceleration.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Again What brand and model of camera ?

Screen shot time:
1. Blue Iris options Clips and archiving , both the new and save folders.
. Click the Gear button on the top of the BI display
. click The clips and Archive tab
. select new folder, screen print
. select stored folder, screen print
2. Camera information for each camera
. Select a camera, then click the camera button on the top of the BI display
. Screen print the General tab
. Screen print the Record tab
. click the Video file format and Compression button on the Record tab
. screen print the format setting.

Last edited:

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
what model camera? try disabling hardware acceleration.
Mobotix

Reason I do acceleration is that I get a lot of very heavy ghosting when disabled, even matching FPS from cameras (10 FPS), etc, so I must have it turned on.

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
for starters you are using MxPEG which is a 20 year old codec by mobotix...hardware acceleration wont work...direct to disk likely wont work..does this camera have an h.264 stream? what exact model is it?
Mobotix M15s.
Let me see if I can enable H264.

Options I see on the dropdown are MxPEG OFF, D14, M12/22/25 JPEGs, and MXPEG + Audio One (currently selected).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mobotix M15s.
Let me see if I can enable H264.
I dont think it has that option, perhaps they added it with a firmware update...you will have to email BI support, but im pretty sure you cant use d2d with it the way it is.

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll email BI support and let you all know what I find. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Neurobit

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
you can contract mobitix and see if there is a firmware update for h.264/onvif...the newer cams support it.
Just texted my vendor, which confirmed that only the new M16s / D16s support h264. The older ones won't since it's on the chip.

So the six new cameras we are getting will support this, and I'll be able to do D2D on those.

Thanks again for all the help! What makes this forum rock!

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
With all the other (recommended here) optimization I've done, running around 40-60% CPU on the 19-20 cameras we have, so it looks like adding the additional six cameras should be fine.