Switching from Lorex NVR to BlueIris, camera questions

Nocturn

n3wb
Reaction score
I picked up a POE and small Dell precision SFF machine to act as a dedicated BI box; so far so good.
I added the POE switch to my existing network and plugged in the camera, each port LED appears to be chattering away happily. The cameras are from my previous Lorex NVR system (3MP outdoor); and aside from teh crappy NVR that came with that system, the cameras seem solid!.

Anyway, I found 5 of my 6 cameras using the 'add camera' tool in BI; that missing 6th is a mystery; but admittedly, I dont see ANY of the cameras in my Routers network list (RT-AC87U), so Im not sure if its a bad camera or just wrongly assigned somehow.
  1. Is there a way I can tap in to the camera itself and SEE or SET its IP address is manually?
  2. How do I disable the overlay placed in the feed by the camera itself) its the wrong time, interferes with the BL overlay, etc)
  3. Is the assigned "generic ONVIF" setting the best pick for my LNB3163 Cams?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the Static IP address for the BI PC ?
What are the static IP address of the Cameras ?

It may be that the NVR assigned a different sub net address to the cameras ?

I do not know about Lorex cameras but most cameras have a web interface. HTTP://camera_ip_address in a web browser, best to use internet explorer.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up a POE and small Dell precision SFF machine to act as a dedicated BI box; so far so good.
I added the POE switch to my existing network and plugged in the camera, each port LED appears to be chattering away happily. The cameras are from my previous Lorex NVR system (3MP outdoor); and aside from teh crappy NVR that came with that system, the cameras seem solid!.

Anyway, I found 5 of my 6 cameras using the 'add camera' tool in BI; that missing 6th is a mystery; but admittedly, I dont see ANY of the cameras in my Routers network list (RT-AC87U), so Im not sure if its a bad camera or just wrongly assigned somehow.
  1. Is there a way I can tap in to the camera itself and SEE or SET its IP address is manually?
  2. How do I disable the overlay placed in the feed by the camera itself) its the wrong time, interferes with the BL overlay, etc)
  3. Is the assigned "generic ONVIF" setting the best pick for my LNB3163 Cams?
Hi @Nocturn

Those cameras should be the Lorex version of the Dahua OEM IPC-HFW13xx models. You should be able to use the appropriate Dahua OEM tools on those, as well as access them using the tools if you know the subnet they are on. If you still have the NVR you can see what IP addresses it assigned the cameras.