Synchronize Timing.?

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have cams the pan to a preset every 10 minutes and also upload a snapshot every 10 minutes. Is there any way to synchronize these to actions ?
Not being in sync can make the image wait up to 19 minutes before changes are visible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Run this utility on your Blue Iris server...

http://www.timesynctool.com/

Then set each camera's firmware to use your Blue Iris Server as their NTP (Network Time Protocol) server.

I do this and all 22 of my cameras are time-synced to within a second or two.

Problem solved!

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This sounds great, I was just hoping someone would respond to this post. Not sure I've seen this option on my Foscam cams. I'll have to check it out. Also does the timesync tool run as service and auto load?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This sounds great, I was just hoping someone would respond to this post. Not sure I've seen this option on my Foscam cams. I'll have to check it out. Also does the timesync tool run as service and auto load?
I think you are both discussing distinct issues. If I understand correctly, Crit, is trying to sync the pan every 10 minuets with the snapshot every 10, so that basically a snapshot is taken every time the camera pans.
Q is discussing a timeserver that can sync your cameras clocks...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...does the timesync tool run as service and auto load?
Yes, this utility runs as a Windows service which is labeled "NetTime."

...Not sure I've seen this option on my Foscam cams...
I run Vivotech, Hikvision, Dahua and ACTi cameras critterles and all of these brands allow the user to specify an NTP timer server for their cameras...so I would expect that Foscam also has such a setting.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, Q2U, Does that mean your solution won't accomplish what I was trying to do? It would be nice if you could set the Pan and the image upload to a set time.

I'm new with Blue Iris so bear with me. If I set up a profile to run the cams starting at 9:00am. and turn off at 6:00pm.
Would all the timed settings start at the same time and therefore follow the same cycle all day long. Each morningthey would get kind of a reset.

??

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just found the Foscam setting, thanks so much.

I have been on a lot of forums over the years and I have to say I like this one. Lots of help for people with puzzles to figure out.