System advice

Reaction score
I'm a newbie lacking knowledge. I need a systems to cover 4-5 areas around my home on average lot in residential neighborhood. I am considering the following and would like any thoughts/comments:
Dahua N488D63 kit (4 N41BK22 cameras, 2 N84CL52 cameras and 8 channel NVR)
Dahua N484E63 kit (6 N41BK22 cameras and 8 channel NVR)
Hikvision EKI-Q82T46 kit (6ECI-T24F2 cameras and 8 channel NVR)
2.8 mm focal length
Hardwired with Cat 6

Love the forums and help provided.
Thanks.
PackBacker4751

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a newbie lacking knowledge. I need a systems to cover 4-5 areas around my home on average lot in residential neighborhood. I am considering the following and would like any thoughts/comments:
Dahua N488D63 kit (4 N41BK22 cameras, 2 N84CL52 cameras and 8 channel NVR)
Dahua N484E63 kit (6 N41BK22 cameras and 8 channel NVR)
Hikvision EKI-Q82T46 kit (6ECI-T24F2 cameras and 8 channel NVR)
2.8 mm focal length
Hardwired with Cat 6

Love the forums and help provided.
Thanks.
PackBacker4751
Welcome @PackBacker4751

Is there a particular reason for considering those kits?
( i.e. a friend is getting you a deal of some sort )

Or is it just a random selection at this time?

The reason I inquire is that I suspect you maybe able to find a better setup for the price you're considering.

Reaction score
Welcome @PackBacker4751

Is there a particular reason for considering those kits?
( i.e. a friend is getting you a deal of some sort )

Or is it just a random selection at this time?

The reason I inquire is that I suspect you maybe able to find a better setup for the price you're considering.
Worked for audio security installation company some years ago and have access to discount prices from vendor as a result. Prices quoted for these kits are $525-$750, Dahua being the highest, which fit my budget. Not ruling out other manufacturers. Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Worked for audio security installation company some years ago and have access to discount prices from vendor as a result. Prices quoted for these kits are $525-$750, Dahua being the highest, which fit my budget. Not ruling out other manufacturers. Thanks.
Hi @PackBacker4751

In general our members have been very disappointed with the older 4MP cameras with the small sensors as they perform very poorly in low light conditions. ( 1/3-in. 4 MP Progressive-scan CMOS Sensor )
4MP IR 2.8 mm Eyeball
Model Number: N41BK22
Ref: https://us.dahuasecurity.com/product/4mp-ir-2-8mm-eyeball/

I highly recommend taking some time to determine your needs first before jumping into any kit or security camera system.

Do take a look at the cliff notes as well as what others are sharing here, especially the reviews of various cameras.

Most members have decided to go with cameras which do well in low light conditions and thus picked up either Dahua OEM 2MP starlight models or if they prefer Hikvision the Darkfighther cameras.

Reaction score
Taking your excellent advice of referring to cliff notes. But confused about Dahua model numbering system. Some model numbers begin "N" while others begin "IPC-HDW". What is the difference and is there a chart to cross-reference the model numbers? Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score