Tapo 325wb colorpro vs a normal infared night vision camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have no idea how to even look for that !
That cam may or may not have the ability to set that.

Are there any screens that show shutter or exposure?

Or what parameters are you able to set?

It is why folks here ask for video or pics of a person or car in motion - we don't care what the static image looks like, it is can we freeze frame a clean image of a perp we are interested in.

justthefacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have no idea how to even look for that !
+1 above.

I can make a cheapo camera look like noon at midnight but then motion is a complete blur.

If it is an overview cam, that is fine, but if motion is a blur and we want it to ID perps, then it is bad.
That cam may or may not have the ability to set that.

Are there any screens that show shutter or exposure?

Or what parameters are you able to set?

It is why folks here ask for video or pics of a person or car in motion - we don't care what the static image looks like, it is can we freeze frame a clean image of a perp we are interested in.
Well I was impressed with it so I thought I would share it ! If there is parameters that can be set I have not learned that yet. I bought my 1st camera about 2 months ago so i'm still very new at this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above. No disrespect intended because as he said we were all there once.

I was amazed at the quality of the image my first security camera produced. But motion was a complete blur and useless at night.

It is why we ask here for samples with motion. Amazon reviews are for the nice bright static images LOL. Here we are looking for performance during motion.

justthefacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
+1 above.

I can make a cheapo camera look like noon at midnight but then motion is a complete blur.

If it is an overview cam, that is fine, but if motion is a blur and we want it to ID perps, then it is bad.
The cam is an overview I guess, it's going to let me know that someone is on my property by activating a chime on my computer and phone ! To the lower left is a back entrance to my house there is a floodlight with a camera above the entrance, once you go through that door,your in the laundry room, there is another camera right above the entrance to the house looking right at your face from 3 feet away and it will alert me ! If you get in that door your in the kitchen and your met with another camera and it also will alert me ! One way or the other I will get a pic of your face with 4 camera's before you get to my man cave !Reality is a perp will never get in the house in one piece,my dog does not like strangers,he will attack first and ask questions later ! LOL !

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a review I found on youtube. Video is pre-seeked to just before the start of the night samples. I'd say it is not bad as an overview cam. It doesn't seem to have exposure settings, so you'd better be happy with automatic.

justthefacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The first night I had that camera I thought the camera froze before dark and I went outside to trigger the camera,I needed a flashlight to see where I was going to trigger the camera ! ! I was totally blown away ! The guys in here didn't even seem impressed at all by it ! For me it's doing the job that I intended it to do ! The first camera I put out there it could see 20 feet ! I will admit I know nothing about camera's I never owned any camera of any type ever until 2 months ago !

justthefacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Triggering a notification and/or getting a picture/video that has any chance of identifying someone are two different things. It’s all about what you’re going for
Very true ! Many perps these days are wearing some sort of face covering anyway !

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those that are interested, watch the TV show See No Evil on Discovery ID.
It shows how cops use CCTV to solve crimes, and shows the actual footage from the cams.
Great!
I've been watching that for 3 or 4 years now, will tune in again. @fenderman's a fan of that show too, IIRC.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Holy ghost Batman. He must be the invisible man with a missing lower torso and arm and the back of his head.

1705869982026.png

1705870068855.png

And basically standing still.

1705870120153.png

Definitely better with the spotlight on when the perp stands still.

1705870196979.png

But motion is still kinda bad.

1705870311743.png