Tend Insights Lynx Camera - Work with Blue Iris?

beley

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B14Q1DX

And here's their website: Tend Secure Lynx Indoor 2

It is not listed on Blue Iris' website, but wonder if it's just because it's so new? Anyone seen or used this with third party monitoring software before?

What specification should I be looking for?
Welcome Beley,

It has ONE review.. of 5 stars...

I recommend avoiding products which are too new as there probably are significant firmware or other bug issues which will cause you headaches.

Go for products which have already been proven by ipcamtalk folks to save yourself from pulling out too much hair.

Remember to check out the notes
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

beley

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. The product was offered for free (for a review) and I did see one comment that was an IP camera, so I went ahead and took it. I'll give it my best shot and review it from the perspective of someone who uses Blue Iris software, and see if it'll work. Will definitely report back what I find! :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. The product was offered for free (for a review) and I did see one comment that was an IP camera, so I went ahead and took it. I'll give it my best shot and review it from the perspective of someone who uses Blue Iris software, and see if it'll work. Will definitely report back what I find! :)
free products for review is how these scam companies get lots of fake positive reviews on amazon..many of these cameras dont support third party software...

Reaction score
Did you ever get it working?

jaymzwayne

n3wb
Reaction score
download (1).jpg
I have this same camera and so far it has been a great camera but not a homerunner but no major complaints at this time the sound is great picture is surprising for its size.Distance range on this lil thing is quite impressive considering I installed this on the roof of my camper all the way in the front and my modem was all the way in the back in my bedroom of the camper it had no connection issues as you would think it would being the whole outside of my camper is aluminum exterior. It still said my signal strength to the camera was at its fullest peak performance.

What brought me here to this topic was to find out how I could find its IP address and port # so I could use this lil gem on Ispy or Blueiris or programs of this type.
In the video you can see and hear how well it really is this is my bedroom with my 3 cats no worries im the one sleeping in the bed im not spying on anyone here i now use my cam to secure my cats from the dogs you hear upstairs. its here so I can see my cats where they are on the other side of the door before im open it so they dont run past me. in this room it was pitch black and as you can see it has zero issues seeing in total darkness. I would like more info on this cam. It is made by ampak. Thank you much and yes a bit of a pain if this is the first time of ever installing one of these types of cameras but once after you install it the first time its not so bad. if anyone needs help installing let me know I will do my best to walk you through the install process.

Attachments