The official "WTF" thread

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My wife ordered something from Amazon. It was shipped out of the Humble Texas Amazon facility, which is the main facility for my area North of Houston. Normally, it would go from there to the Amazon facility in Spring Texas, which is just down the road from me, and then to our home.

But they decided to send it to Cali, for a side fun trip I guess, then back to the Humble Amazon facility and then to the USPS facility in Spring. Then to the USPS Spring post office. WTF?

View attachment 187004
Keep in mind there's no extra charge for the sight-seeing trip...:headbang: :lmao:

Reaction score
My wife ordered something from Amazon. It was shipped out of the Humble Texas Amazon facility, which is the main facility for my area North of Houston. Normally, it would go from there to the Amazon facility in Spring Texas, which is just down the road from me, and then to our home.

But they decided to send it to Cali, for a side fun trip I guess, then back to the Humble Amazon facility and then to the USPS facility in Spring. Then to the USPS Spring post office. WTF?

View attachment 187004
In my small town, if I send a card in the mail to my neighbor, it gets sent to a town 140 miles away, goes through that processing facility, gets sent back to my town, and re-processed to the correct local mail route driver.

:smash: :banghead:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
More pics of garage and two Tesla's, million plus $ house...

View attachment 187008

View attachment 187009
Kind of a shame I can't interview them and ask them what they think of the new green initiative and how that's going. Also, curious to know if they thought they blew the carbon footprint budget with the fire and the response team.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
In my small town, if I send a card in the mail to my neighbor, it gets sent to a town 140 miles away, goes through that processing facility, gets sent back to my town, and re-processed to the correct local mail route driver.
Ditto in Oregon. All outgoing mail from some places more than 200 miles away is trucked to Portland, sorted, and trucked back. They do all of the sorting, down to individual carrier routes, in Portland.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 187004
Our packages take similar trips all the time. USPS, is a crap shoot if you'll ever see it or not.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of a shame I can't interview them and ask them what they think of the new green initiative and how that's going. Also, curious to know if they thought they blew the carbon footprint budget with the fire and the response team.
My daughter shared this with us. Apperantly the house belonged to one of their friends, they sold it, I think she said in Sept. last year. New owners had the Powerwall installed, then to find out they have two Tesla vehicles too, haha.

Dsorgnzd

n3wb
Reaction score

View attachment 187004
It isn't just Amazon. Back in January a package was sent to me (in Lewisville, NC) from Ashland, VA by FedEx. It was routed to Hagerstown, MD, then to Martinsburg, WV, and then to Middletown, CT. You can drive from Ashland, VA to Lewisville, NC in about 4 hours. In 7 days FedEx managed to move my package to a point that is over 10 hours away from me. By the time it reached me it had traveled 1,228 miles.

DesertRat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It isn't just Amazon. Back in January a package was sent to me (in Lewisville, NC) from Ashland, VA by FedEx. It was routed to Hagerstown, MD, then to Martinsburg, WV, and then to Middletown, CT. You can drive from Ashland, VA to Lewisville, NC in about 4 hours. In 7 days FedEx managed to move my package to a point that is over 10 hours away from me. By the time it reached me it had traveled 1,228 miles.
I am my neighborhood's USPS sorting facility.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
USPS .. I used to really respect them .. now having so many issues with usps I am wondering what has gone wrong with them. Something just seems systematically dysfunctional now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably the only thing in the White House right now with a pair! Seriously though, this is absolute BS that even after the first time, that dog was allowed to stay there. The average Joe? Our dogs would have been put down and us sued.

1708600576550.png

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Something is terribly wrong if his 2nd. dog bites like the first but only more!
That dog has been raised since a pup in the WH unlike the 1st. biter.

I have some questions though.
The color of the people bitten by this dog?
The color of the people that handle the dog when it is not
being baby sited by Joey and Jill?

Believe it or not, dogs can be prejudicial too, picking up signals of the current
owner/ keeper! I have seen black peoples dogs not like white people as well as
white peoples dogs not liking black people. I have even seen dogs transferred to
other owners only to turn opposite of their original temperament.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone here has AT&T Mobile service like I do but service was down for half the day yesterday. Funny how people react towards someone who has nothing to do with the outage and cannot do anything about it. :rofl:
Yeah, ours was down in NW AL. Had Wi-Fi calling enabled and was able to make/receive some calls, most likely landline businesses. It was nice to "unplug" for a little while, IMO.

I had a flashback to the early 70's thru late 80's when I had to go look for a payphone if on the road and my work pager would beep. :lmao: