The PTZ we wanted? Maybe?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
And the Hikvision is actually smaller based on published dimensions and weight.

That is not the design I am most interested in though. I wonder what they could achieve in this form factor if they upped the price to $400 USD. Surely they could achieve a better performing lens and sensor combo than they do at $170 USD. Not to mention better ptz motors and some auto tracking.

31lC5ndUhzL._AC_US40_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY should have a trade in program.

We trade in our cameras, pay Andy the difference (fair amount for both parties), and get a new camera.

Andy can then sell those cams as refurbished cameras.

I'm sure he got resources to "freshen up" the cameras to like new condition

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New same old shite as 10 years ago sorry not a PTZ I would be looking to invest in. Dahua are going backwards.

Image Sensor1/2.8" CMOS
Pixel2MP
So you don't think the technology on the same sensor hasn't improved over the years?

@bigredfish has an old 5442 that is the 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor and has one of the newer versions that is the same size sensor and there is a significant difference in video quality.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah there's some kinda magic going on inside that isnt reflected in just the sensor size. Hell even some of the 1/3 sensors look pretty good nowadays.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New same old shite as 10 years ago sorry not a PTZ I would be looking to invest in. Dahua are going backwards.

Image Sensor1/2.8" CMOS
Pixel2MP

2MP is fine, but you are right. Dahua going backwards with the 1/2.8

Sadly Hikvision is using 1/1.8 now

These sensors seems cheap, you get IMX385 boards from china for 100USD

Last edited:

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I came across a Hikvision bullet varifocal the other day with 1/1.8" 2MP.

I thought it must have been a mistake as i had never heard of such a creature before.
I wonder if it's more cost effective to just use 1/1.8 sensors across the 2mp and 4mp range instead of having to source two different sensors.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
So you don't think the technology on the same sensor hasn't improved over the years?
Yes but you can't polish a turd. Dahua is way behind Hikvision now and that's coming from a Dahua user over many years but ask me what brand camera's I have now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes but you can't polish a turd. Dahua is way behind Hikvision now and that's coming from a Dahua user over many years but ask me what brand camera's I have now.

I have both and currently still prefer the Dahua.

But we can each have our own preferences...

Has Hikvision come out with a 4K on the 1/1.2" sensor with infrared capability yet?

You may wanna change your Avatar image that looks like a glowing support and endorsement of Dahua :lmao:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have both and currently still prefer the Dahua.

But we can each have our own preferences...
Indeed the world would be a strange place if we all thought alike.

Has Hikvision come out with a 4K on the 1/1.2" sensor with infrared capability yet?
Not a clue but looks like you have answered your own question.

You may wanna change your Avatar image that looks like a glowing support and endorsement of Dahua :lmao:
Dahua have brought some superb camera's out " In the past" just look at the SD49225xa-HNR which I still think it was their best effort to date until they started to remove fucnctions ( AT ) because of greed and they wanted you to buy the 5 series instead.
I still prefer the WebGUI of Dahua over Hikvision but video quality Hikvision wins hands down for me and that's my preference.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the 2mp model ?
It was the tracking capability of the SD4A216DB-HNY I was enquiring about from Andy.
And that was his reply, so yes, I am taking it as the 2MP model.
The way I see it, it has more zoom than the 64mm fixed cam at 2MP on the same sensor at a similar price.
So the PTZ function is practically free.