They just tried to assassinate Trump

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, thats really the excuse. Listen to her here:

Excerpt:

On July 13, 2024, during the attempted assassination of Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania, Cheatle was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where the 2024 Republican National Convention was to be held. In the wake of the shooting, Cheatle acknowledged the failure of the Secret Service, calling it "unacceptable". However, Cheatle told ABC News that she would not resign from her position.

And this should provide an honest and objective conclusion:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Annnnnddddd...

dhs1.jpg
BREAKING:
On Tuesday, the Secret Service had agreed to brief the House Oversight Committee.
Now, Homeland Security has stepped in, superseded all communications with the Oversight Committee and has refused to confirm a briefing will occur.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree that's a possibility, but also have a related suspicion. I've read that the shooter's rifle did not have a scope. If true, and at the >100 yards distance, is it easy to hit a target the size of a human head? In my limited experience, I think that it's a difficult shot.
According to a prior post on here of an analysis done by a former army snipper he had a red dot which is better than plain iron sights.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score