They just tried to assassinate Trump

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
How was he “allowed” to survey the site by drone just an hour before Trump was scheduled to speak?
This is only one of many convenient things that were "allowed". I wonder what the probability of all these things happening by chance are? One over a number with a lot of trailing zeros, I suspect. Maybe up there with the odds of getting hit by lightning.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
"While members of the Secret Service in a Butler, Pennsylvania command center were notified that an individual later identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks was acting suspiciously before he tried to assassinate Donald Trump, members of the former president's secret service detail were not informed of the threat, according to the Washington Post."

How many other "suspicious persons" were reported during the event?
FBI Wray testified 2 others

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Were members of the secret service detail notified about those?
No idea. But they weren’t flying drones and looking through range finders or running from LE around building. And I believe but can’t confirm they were both detained AFTER the shooting. I did see video of the one guy in cuffs

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No idea. But they weren’t flying drones and looking through range finders or running from LE around building. And I believe but can’t confirm they were both detained AFTER the shooting. I did see video of the one guy in cuffs
My issue is this. Yes, local police knew about the shooter hours before the shooting. They knew about multiple suspicious people hours before the shooting. But they did not know one of the suspicious people would become the shooter. I've said it before, I liken it to the lottery. At 11pm, it's easy to look back and say what numbers you should have picked for the 10pm lottery drawing. But when you bought the ticket at 6pm, that choice wasn't as easy.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My issue is this. Yes, local police knew about the shooter hours before the shooting. They knew about multiple suspicious people hours before the shooting. But they did not know one of the suspicious people would become the shooter. I've said it before, I liken it to the lottery. At 11pm, it's easy to look back and say what numbers you should have picked for the 10pm lottery drawing. But when you bought the ticket at 6pm, that choice wasn't as easy.

I defended LE and the Feds for 60 years no matter what.

I admit now that was foolish.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I defended LE and the Feds for 60 years no matter what.

I admit now that was foolish.
I don't believe someone should blindly defend le and the feds. I also don't believe someone should blindly condemn them either. Present the facts and let the facts sort it all out.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Every suspect should be looked at as a possible shooter/threat. That is the Main reason they are there...
There are way too many Holes in this secure event...why was LE not briefed by SS, why was Trump not pulled off the stage sooner?

Parked by their cars??? Go check out the Van, run plates, ID guy, they had 2 hours to do this...Go confront him on the picnic table.
Do Something, not wait till the crowd yells "Shooter on the Roof" 2 hours later.
1722275089895.png

Sorry, something smells bad here....

I understand the US has a long list of failures, Pearl Harbor, 911 and JFK come to mind, to name a few, but these are also very questionable...I understand Pearl Harbor lack of communication, but in today's world where everything is about communications, I don't see any excuses holding water.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Every suspect should be looked at as a possible shooter/threat. That is the Main reason they are there...
There are way too many Holes in this secure event...why was LE not briefed by SS, why was Trump not pulled off the stage sooner?

Parked by their cars??? Go check out the Van, run plates, ID guy, they had 2 hours to do this...Go confront him on the picnic table.
Why? At this point, all the guy had done was park in a lot next to police cars. That's not a threat. That's not suspicious activity. That's not even person of interest. That was an FYI text that didn't necessitate conducting an investigation of the vehicle. If they had looked at the van and the driver, the shooting may have never occurred. But you can't know that looking forward.

Do Something, not wait till the crowd yells "Shooter on the Roof" 2 hours later.

Sorry, something smells bad here....

I understand the US has a long list of failures, Pearl Harbor, 911 and JFK come to mind, to name a few, but these are also very questionable...I understand Pearl Harbor lack of communication, but in today's world where everything is about communications, I don't see any excuses holding water.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's what he's hearing, ergo it must be true.

It just gets old. That's what I'm hearing. People are saying. Someone said.

It would be odd for the house to be scrubbed before police got there. But I'm going to have to wait for more than "I've been told" before I view that as fact. Until then, it's just an unsubstantiated claim.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m sure anytime now Director Wray, William Burns, the guys who cleaned the house, the command post guy who didn’t relay messages to the Detail on the stage, and the kids Mom will all hold a press conference together with documents and video proving they were complicit and turning themselves in.