This is really difficult...

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. So I got a 5 port PoE unit and I connected one of the camera's to it and it see's it. The IP for it is 192.168.254.12.

Do I have to reset the password?

Also the Hikvision-Connect Status is Disabled. Should I enable it somehow? Thanks

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, on the iPhone using Hik-Connect, it says the device is off-line. When I click on the Offline button, it takes me to another page, loads to 100% and then is says, The deice is offline. How would I put it online? Thanks

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you paste 192.168.254.12 into a new browser window you should be asked for the camera password. Did your vendor tell you what passwords he set? If not, you may have to reset the passwords…which will probably involve taking them all down to find their serial numbers if they still don't show up in SADP Tool. Or did the POE switch report a serial number? Options:
Hikvision Password Reset Tool
When I tried pasting 192.168.254.12 into a new browser window, nothing happened. The vendor (seller of the house) is not responsive. Before buying the house, everything was up and running. When I purchased he took the unit with him so I got another one, identical. Hikvision will not help me cause I didn't purchase the camera's.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was the camera still connected via the POE switch?

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I tried pasting 192.168.254.12 into a new browser window? Yes, it was connected to the new POE switch.

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the address of your router is not 192.168.254.1, you may (probably) will not be able to connect because the camera is on a different sub-net. If you have a network configuration utility on your MAC, try and find the router IP address. The reason I suggested connecting directly to the NVR is that it is set up to handle this. I forgot to ask whether you have a monitor plugged into the NVR? That's important...

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If my router address is 192.168.1.1, should all cameras also be set to that IP address? I do have a monitor connected to the NVR connected via HDMI.

When I connect the camera to the NVR, I don't see it anywhere (ex: SADP Tool). If I connect the camera to the new POE I just got today, I do see it in the SADP Tool. Thanks

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my NVR, I have a button to "refresh" (ie look for) all connected cameras. I still stick with the idea that the previous owner selected a different sub-net range (192.168.254.x) than what your default range is set on your NVR. Is there a setting on your NVR that allows you to set a different IP range for the cameras. If so, set it to 192.168.254.2 to 192.168.254.50 (allowing for 49 cameras)

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't seem to locate the IP range. I've searched everywhere for it, but it's not giving me the option to do that.

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't seem to locate the IP range. I've searched everywhere for it, but it's not giving me the option to do that.
I think someone else suggested resetting the cameras. I think that is your most practical solution. Zero out of 10 for the previous owner leaving you in the mud up to your ears

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just tried that. There are screws to remove the glass but not the unit. It's been a real fun week and I agree about the previous owner.

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There should be a reset button on the PCB. Remove all power then hold down the button for 20 seconds whilst plugging the POE back in. I think that's correct

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is a reset button, but the camera is installed outside below a deck. When I removed the first set of screws it removed the glass. I tried looking for the second set of screws holding the unit to the deck but couldn't see any. I'll have to look again tomorrow in the daylight. I'm surprised there's not an easier way to do this outside of getting the password and user name from the previous owner.

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's the problem. See pic. When I remove the glass, the base is screwed to the ceiling but I'm not seeing any screws. I can't get to the power and ethernet cable without removing the base. Thanks

Attachments