This is really difficult...

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand where the reset button is. That I can get to. It's the power and ethernet cables I can't get to. Those are in the ceiling and I can't remove the base for some strange reason. Almost like they glued it on.

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand where the reset button is. That I can get to. It's the power and ethernet cables I can't get to. Those are in the ceiling and I can't remove the base for some strange reason. Almost like they glued it on.
You can always unplug the POE cable from the other end :) You will just need a trusty assistant to give orders to!

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give it a second look tomorrow when there's light. Besides doing a hard reset, there's no other way of doing this, is there?

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I got in touch with Hikvision and sent them the Expoted file to reset my camera's. When I received the XML file from them, the file was greyed out. I contacted them again and it seems I need a PC to import the file. Go figure. You can Export a file in SADP using a Mac, but you need a PC to Import the file...

Anyone know a way around this?

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know you're all macheads down there but surely you've got a pal with a Windows laptop?

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do have a question regarding one of the camera's. Under PoE on the Hikvision unit, 5 camera's say "connected". One says "disconnected". Would that be an ethernet cable or power cable issue or do I have something turned off in the Hikvision app? Thanks

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like cable, BUT, I'd move one of the other working cameras to the port that says disconnected to check if it's the port. Just go through a process of elimination

123abc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did that. It seems to be the cable, but on the cable someone wrote driveway and I am seeing the driveway using another camera, so they must have replaced it at some point. Thanks

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh yes. They all shipped with the same default IP address so that they will be recognised out of the box by iVMS-4200 but you should give them all their own unique IP within your allocated range to avoid network conflicts.

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh yes. They all shipped with the same default IP address so that they will be recognised out of the box by iVMS-4200 but you should give them all their own unique IP within your allocated range to avoid network conflicts.
It sounds like DHCP is not enabled in the cameras, otherwise problem solved...