Time stamp incorrect on 2of16 cameras

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
I jjust installed the last two cameras on my hikvision NVR. The 2 cameras are DS-2cd2543go-is the rest are not. I called HIKvision and they told me they can’t/won’t fix it over the phone and to call a installation technician. I am capable of doing anything a tech can do but lack the troubleshooting knowledge to fix the problem. I got a feeling it have to look into the firmware or OS of the cameras but I don’t know how to do that.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I assume you have not logged into the cameras and pointed them to a time server?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Time stamp incorrect on 2of16 cameras

By how much is the time out?
If it's exact multiples of hours, or even 30 minutes, it's likely to be an incorrectly set time zone.
If it's a variable number of minutes, it's more likely to be a time source (NTP) setting problem.
Normally a Hikvision NVR will automatically set the time on connected cameras very frequently.

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
By how much is the time out?
If it's exact multiples of hours, or even 30 minutes, it's likely to be an incorrectly set time zone.
If it's a variable number of minutes, it's more likely to be a time source (NTP) setting problem.
Normally a Hikvision NVR will automatically set the time on connected cameras very frequently.
The new time on both cameras started January 1st 1970 00:01:00. It’s been a couple ago weeks and it’s January 26 1970

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
I assume you have not logged into the cameras and pointed them to a time server?
I can change the time and time zone incrementally on all the cameras except the last 2 which is a different model hikvision camera.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I can change the time and time zone incrementally on all the cameras except the last 2 which is a different model hikvision camera.
Do the two cameras that aren't cooperating have the option to set an NTP server? If they do, set it to the NVR IP address.

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
Do the two cameras that aren't cooperating have the option to set an NTP server? If they do, set it to the NVR IP address.
There is not an option in the NVR to choose from for 1 particular camera. However I have been told by someone that there is a setting in the camera OS that may or may not exist. I am unfamiliar on how to access the cameras OS.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
There is not an option in the NVR to choose from for 1 particular camera. However I have been told by someone that there is a setting in the camera OS that may or may not exist. I am unfamiliar on how to access the cameras OS.
Find the camera's IP using the NVR and plug that same IP into your browser while connected to the network with the cameras.

I'm not familiar with Hik stuff but once you log in, there should be a setting buried somewhere for setting an NTP server.

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
Find the camera's IP using the NVR and plug that same IP into your browser while connected to the network with the cameras.

I'm not familiar with Hik stuff but once you log in, there should be a setting buried somewhere for setting an NTP server.
I just tried what you suggested. I can’t access any cameras on the NVR outside the NVR. It’s like it has a firewall built in.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just tried what you suggested. I can’t access any cameras on the NVR outside the NVR. It’s like it has a firewall built in.
Yes, that is intentional. NVRs put the cameras on another subnet.

He said you have to have your computer on the same network as the cameras, which means your computer is connected on the other side of the NVR.

However, there is an easier way.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera management page on the NVR and look for the Connect on far right and select it and it will go to the camera GUI. Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui, but this is how to get directly to the cameras.

1675909044448.png

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score

He said you have to have your computer on the same network as the cameras, which means your computer is connected on the other side of the NVR.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera management page on the NVR and look for the Connect on far right and select it and it will go to the camera GUI. Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui, but this is how to get directly to the cameras.

View attachment 153703
Ok. I can connect my laptop to an unused channel on the back of my NVR. BTW my camera management page looks exactly like that picture.

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score

View attachment 153703
I tried but I can’t find a way in to the gui. I tried every ip address and nothing works.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can't just tap on the http in blue? You shouldn't have to key in an IP address on the computer after you are to this stage.

1675977043745.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you don't have a connect column?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to enable the 'Virtual Host' facility, under Network | Advanced settings for those links to exist.
It's not active by default.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That setting, and the links that it creates in the System | Camera Configuration page are in the NVR web GUI, not the VGA/HDMI interface.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above. That was why my post instructions started out:

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way.