Time stamp incorrect on 2of16 cameras

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
+1 above. That was why my post instructions started out:

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way.
Ok. Now I can’t remember the “user name” but I do remember the password. Where do I find the username?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you went in and assigned them, the NVR should have defaulted them to the user and password of the NVR.

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
What is with the hikvision password reset tool. I get no response from it in two days?

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
What is with the hikvision password reset tool. I get no response from it in two days?

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm confused.
Why do you need to reset the (NVR?) password when you've said you already know it - and have posted screenshots where you are logged in to the VGA/HDMI interface?
I logged in with the 9 dots on the NVR not a password. It’s been a year since I set it up and forgot the password.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense.
If the worst comes to the worst, you could use that access to reset the NVR to defaults.
But that would orphan the cameras, with are probably set up with the original NVR password.

There is an option in the VGA/HDMI interface to 'show camera password' but I think it requires the NVR admin password and not just the unlock code.

Kramer65

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense.
If the worst comes to the worst, you could use that access to reset the NVR to defaults.
But that would orphan the cameras, with are probably set up with the original NVR password.

There is an option in the VGA/HDMI interface to 'show camera password' but I think it requires the NVR admin password and not just the unlock code.
I can guess the password but I need a couple of tries. Where is the “show camera password “?