To Schedule a PTZ routine

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

This is my first post because I am interested to buy Blue Iris.

One of the requierements is to record a PTZ routine.

Is it possible?

My IP cam is a Vivotek PD8136

Thanks anticipated

Roberto

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

This is my first post because I am interested to buy Blue Iris.

One of the requierements is to record a PTZ routine.

Is it possible?

My IP cam is a Vivotek PD8136

Thanks anticipated

Roberto
Welcome to the forum. You can certainly record while the camera is moving.. What exactly are you trying to do?

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

I have a warehouse with the new IP camera.
I want to schedule a recurring daily record during the working hours at specific places/presets. I want to take the advantages of the PTZ features.

Besides this requirement:
Another maybe stupid question; Is it a requirement that the computer has to be a dedicated computer for the Blue Iris softwareor can it be used for the daily work?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you can schedule presets..you first need to schedule the presets in the camera itself..then you can have blue iris move the camera to the preset...
To do this you need to first enable ptz, camera properties>ptz...then if you want it to go to a specific preset at a specific time of day you need to go to the cameras schedule tab and select event schedule..this will allow to to set a specific ptz preset at for a given time...
Some notes - the camera is not PTZ its just PT the zoom is digital so there is no point, you can always zoom in after the fact...generally, you are better off with two or three fixed cameras vs a pan tilt camera because you have full coverage all the time...the fixed cameras a much cheaper for better resolution...

Technically you dont need a dedicated pc..however, it is always best to dedicate a computer with a clean windows install, this way you eliminate problems that can bring down the pc/nvr...also you may not have enough power to run blue iris alongside your regular software... How many cameras are you installing? what type?
You can get a great business class dell/hp/lenovo haswell i5 fourth generation intel pc for 300 or so, 500 for an i7...depends on your total camera and megapixel count.