Too lazy to research, need starlight cam advice

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I tried looking around but just got confused with all the choices and technology changes. Can any one recommend a starlight cam with PTZ auto focus, POE? I have a non PTZ turret in this location already but would like to add one that allows me to look around and better night vision. My budget is around $200-$250 This may not be enough info but thanks anyway. RickCam2.20180525_031639_1.jpg Cam2.20180526_150012.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't believe you'll find an actual 'Starlight' camera with PTZ, honestly. Around here, it's either the Dahua fixed-focus 4xxx series or varifocal 5xxx series Starlight cameras that are the favorites.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just want to be able to look up and down my street effectively.Cams.JPG

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't believe you'll find an actual 'Starlight' camera with PTZ, honestly. Around here, it's either the Dahua fixed-focus 4xxx series or varifocal 5xxx series Starlight cameras that are the favorites.
Dahua actually has a lot of cool Starlight PTZ cameras with some crazy optical zoom (so even though they’re only 2MP, they can zoom several hundred meters away)...

... but those are not in the $200-$250 range

@Illya_Kareoke, dahua has a Lite model Starlight PTZ for around the same price as the varifocal turret, but it doesn’t have much optical zoom at all. So you can see up your street, you’re just not zooming in three houses down to see what’s going on (in detail).
Review-Dahua SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ

This one is popular but almost 2x your budget.
I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hate to start a new thread so I'll put it here. Andy got my cam to me in 2 days???!!! WOW. It is an unbranded SD1A203T-GN. I got it set up with BI but the PTZ is not controllable except through the web interface. I have tried switching all kinds of things around with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to start a new thread so I'll put it here. Andy got my cam to me in 2 days???!!! WOW. It is an unbranded SD1A203T-GN. I got it set up with BI but the PTZ is not controllable except through the web interface. I have tried switching all kinds of things around with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks
why are you using port 81? also there is no reason to redact the local ip in blue iris.
try using oxml/onvif in the ptz dropdown.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you added the camera to BI?
On the config page there is no address...
Add the address and username and password and hit inspect.
This is what I did (thanks to looney2ns for the tip) with my dahua ptz and it works. Different model, but I'd expect it to work.
Maybe someone who has this cam can chime in.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried switching to oxml/onvif and got rid of the use another port, no improvement. I chose 81 because that's what I set the cam to. Thanks fenderman

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried switching to oxml/onvif and got rid of the use another port, no improvement. I chose 81 because that's what I set the cam to. Thanks federman
why do you waste time changing the camera ports? it does nothing.
ensure the camera use has ptz privileges.
set camera ports back to defaults and do a find inspect again. or try dahua rtsp from the dropdown.