[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is great progress!! I am really keen to see the implementation of @BrutusBoots and @GentlePumpkin to see the % and also to have the alerts 'flagged' for positive detections. Once this is released, I'll be ready to take the plunge and do the switch!

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am really keen to give the new version a try from github however i do not know how to compile it as an .exe like the .zip file is?

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
in Blue Iris 5.2.9.2 passing password is now giving authentication required error message,
in Blue Iris 5.2.7.12 passing password still works.

in both Blue Iris branches , if you've setup authentication required from Non-Lan Only and were using
+, ^ to bypass the basic firewall function, they no longer work, it seems you now have to pass user,pw to make the rest
URL's work again, don't know how long this has been broken, I just discovered it a couple of days ago.

I've had to switch from 5.2.9.2 to 5.2.7.12 and now I have to pass user,pw to make the REST URL's work again.
Does somebody know a solution for this problem? If I change the trigger URL from localhost to A) 127.0.0.1 (which is equal to localhost) or B) to the actual ip, it works. Crazy.

And as PhantomWolf mentioned, this problem also occurs with Deepstack. This might explain the problems some are having when trying to reach deepstack!

I had the same issue yesterday when I set mine up. AI Tool could not reach Deepstack when I had the Deepstack URL set to localhost:[specificPort]. It worked perfectly after I changed 'localhost' to the actual private IP of the computer. This, for me, looked like: 192.168.1.[specificIP]:[specificPort]

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ahh that sucks :( i just realised that the new release memo summary functionality only works for duplicated cameras and NON flagged... :(

I am wanting to maintain single cameras but still be able to flag alerts.

Any idea as to approximately when this feature will be available to test?

Baltyre

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I have to protect an underground parking, we often have undesired guest who sneek in behind car in the access ramp (while the parking doors are open). So i thought i could make something work with detecting humans with a camera in the ramp and activate an alarm.
But i just thought something, the alarm will also trigger with bikers, right ?
I will have to modify Shell.cs DetectObjects function ?

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ahh that sucks :( i just realised that the new release memo summary functionality only works for duplicated cameras and NON flagged... :(

I am wanting to maintain single cameras but still be able to flag alerts.

Any idea as to approximately when this feature will be available to test?
I wrote to Ken if he can change the memo feature to work with only flagging, hopefully.

Hi. I have to protect an underground parking, we often have undesired guest who sneek in behind car in the access ramp (while the parking doors are open). So i thought i could make something work with detecting humans with a camera in the ramp and activate an alarm.
But i just thought something, the alarm will also trigger with bikers, right ?
I will have to modify Shell.cs DetectObjects function ?
If only your undesired visitor move in a specific area it should work. You probably can make use of the masks. Or did I get you wrong?

Baltyre

n3wb
Reaction score
If only your undesired visitor move in a specific area it should work. You probably can make use of the masks. Or did I get you wrong?
It's the same area, i only want to trigger an alarm when a person is detected, but not if he is riding a bike or a motocycle.

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That might work if you modify the script to only trigger an alert if a person is detected, but never if a person and a bike/motorcycle are detected. Another idea would be to check how long a person stays and alert if it's longer than p.e. 2 min.

neile

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the same area, i only want to trigger an alarm when a person is detected, but not if he is riding a bike or a motocycle.
Stuff like this is probably best handled outside of the AI detection system and instead with a rules system elsewhere. If I were trying to do this I would send MQTT events with the list of detected objects and then have NodeRed running somewhere listening for those messages. At that point it'd be easy enough to do a function node or a series of switch nodes that looks at the predicted objects and only allows the flow to proceed if person is detected but not bike or motorcycle.

The Docker version of this AI system supports MQTT messages out of the box with the list of predictions included and would give you a way to explore this implementation option if you are already familiar with MQTT and NodeRed.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bit of a strange one here, well for me. Using 1.67

If I double click, run or run as admin aitool.exe in "C:\Program Files\AI Tool\aitool.exe" the program looks to start but doesn't.

but if I use this that I had set up;

@echo off
if not "%1"=="am_admin" (powershell start -verb runas '%0' am_admin & exit /b)
net stop AITool
cd /d "C:\Program Files\AI Tool\"
START aitool.exe

It works fine.

Baltyre

n3wb
Reaction score
That might work if you modify the script to only trigger an alert if a person is detected, but never if a person and a bike/motorcycle are detected. Another idea would be to check how long a person stays and alert if it's longer than p.e. 2 min.
Yeah, i thought of something like that, replacing
if (CameraList[index].triggering_objects_as_string.Contains(user.label))

with something like
string do_not_trigger_list = "bicycle,motorcycle"
if (do_not_trigger_list.Contains(user.label) == false && CameraList[index].triggering_objects_as_string.Contains(user.label))

(I have no experience of C#, so i guess i should adapt and do some trial and error until i get it right)

Or better, do a first loop, get all bicycle and motorcycle and exclude on the next loop all person close to a bicycle and motorcycle (to still catch person if they are far away from the bike)

Stuff like this is probably best handled outside of the AI detection system and instead with a rules system elsewhere. If I were trying to do this I would send MQTT events with the list of detected objects and then have NodeRed running somewhere listening for those messages. At that point it'd be easy enough to do a function node or a series of switch nodes that looks at the predicted objects and only allows the flow to proceed if person is detected but not bike or motorcycle.

The Docker version of this AI system supports MQTT messages out of the box with the list of predictions included and would give you a way to explore this implementation option if you are already familiar with MQTT and NodeRed.
Really not, but i can take a look, thanks.

lymkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using version 1.65 and it keeps automatically changing information for my configured cameras without any interaction from me. I've had it change the trigger URL automatically and now it is changing my "Relevant Objects" selections from the ones I've selected back to PERSON only. Anyone else seen this issue?

AndyHoover

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using version 1.65 and it keeps automatically changing information for my configured cameras without any interaction from me. I've had it change the trigger URL automatically and now it is changing my "Relevant Objects" selections from the ones I've selected back to PERSON only. Anyone else seen this issue?
Are you running AITool as a service or manually starting it?
When I changed over to running it as a service and I wanted to make a change to the config in the UI, I noticed this behavior. To resolve it, I would stop the service first, open the UI and make the changes and save and then restart the service.

lymkin

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you running AITool as a service or manually starting it?
When I changed over to running it as a service and I wanted to make a change to the config in the UI, I noticed this behavior. To resolve it, I would stop the service first, open the UI and make the changes and save and then restart the service.
I am running it as a service. I will try your method....not sure why I didn't think of that. Thanks for the reply!!!

Inshakoor

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone especially GentlePumpkin for their help and assistance with this. I have DeepStack and AITool running great and integrating with BI. What I can't figure out is how to get the trigger alert to show up in BI so that I have a list of all triggered alerts in BI so I can review them. I get emails alert when there's a triggered event, but my Alerts list in BI is empty. Perhaps my config is wrong for triggers/alerts, but I can't figure it out. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get the trigger alerts (triggered by AITool) to show up in BI? Thank you!

lymkin

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone especially GentlePumpkin for their help and assistance with this. I have DeepStack and AITool running great and integrating with BI. What I can't figure out is how to get the trigger alert to show up in BI so that I have a list of all triggered alerts in BI so I can review them. I get emails alert when there's a triggered event, but my Alerts list in BI is empty. Perhaps my config is wrong for triggers/alerts, but I can't figure it out. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get the trigger alerts (triggered by AITool) to show up in BI? Thank you!
Make sure you HD stream camera has the two setting below enable at a minimum. Mine show up in Alerts.

1591811863220.png

msauto

n3wb
Reaction score
preview v1.67
  • including many recent fancy feature
  • maybe not including best stability :)

The documentation is still for v1.65 at the moment, so consider staying with v1.65 for the time being until it's updated and v1.67 is proven to be stable.

All details and download:
gentlepumpkin/bi-aidetection
Thanks for a great tool that works flawlessly!! Are there plans to make the face detection/recognition in deepquestai available in AI Tool? Or is it already possible? If it is already possible could someone direct me towards info on how to set it up? I have AI Tool set up and working GREAT in docker. Thanks again for all your time and effort.