[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So you've manually added that into your Startup routine via the sc command?

Actually I used nssm (version 2.24-101-g897c7ad from NSSM - the Non-Sucking Service Manager

It also supports redirect console output to log files, which is great.

Sendt fra min SM-G973F med Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet. Its working so well right now I'm affraid to screw it up messing with it haha

But I do want deepstack to run as a service and not have to manually restart everytime there is a reboot..

Approximately how much cpu did it save you..
My bi runs around 30 cpu but kicks into the 90s when deepstack is working on analyzing a photo
I posted in this thread before but from memory on my i5-6500 using DQ for Windows, my CPU would be pegged in the high 60s and then spike and sit at 100% making it unusable.

Now the CPU idles at 21% and rises to around 45% when processing images.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I posted in this thread before but from memory on my i5-6500 using DQ for Windows, my CPU would be pegged in the high 60s and then spike and sit at 100% making it unusable.

Cool I'm gonna have to try and get docker to work

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have it running as services, so it auto starts on reboot.

It's 3 services depending on each other to start in correct order.

C:\DeepStack\redis\redis-server.exe

C:\DeepStack\interpreter\python.exe ../intelligence.py -MODE=Medium -VFACE=False -VSCENE=False -VDETECTION=True

C:\DeepStack\server\server.exe" -VISION-FACE=False -VISION-SCENE=False -VISION-DETECTION=True -ADMIN-KEY= -API-KEY= -PORT=88
Actually I used nssm (version 2.24-101-g897c7ad from NSSM - the Non-Sucking Service Manager

It also supports redirect console output to log files, which is great.

Sendt fra min SM-G973F med Tapatalk
Thanks, so just so I get it:

1. Do we need to insert credentials in the login tab for each (i.e., select "this account") or just leave it as local system account?
2. For python.exe, do we add exactly this into the arguments cell below: ../intelligence.py -MODE=Medium -VFACE=False -VSCENE=False -VDETECTION=True
3. For server.exe, is this what we add into the arguments cell: c../intelligence.py -MODE=Medium -VFACE=False -VSCENE=False -VDETECTION=True

Not sure if the ".." in the python argument and the initial quotes in the server.exe argument were there on purpose.

4. Anything else required in any of the other tabs?

1594900826675.png

1594900904524.png

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

I tried using docker and deepstack. I kept getting this error. I even went as far as uninstalling deepstack on windows. Kept getting the error of being used by another process.. any ideas?

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The other process error is because BI hasn’t quite finished writing the file so has it locked open, if you look it retries and then succeeds.

What is strange are try 2 separate requests to DQ, 1 using an IP address, the other using local host but both reference different ports.

Do you have 2 instances of DQ running?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
The other process error is because BI hasn’t quite finished writing the file so has it locked open, if you look it retries and then succeeds.

What is strange are try 2 separate requests to DQ, 1 using an IP address, the other using local host but both reference different ports.

Do you have 2 instances of DQ running?
Don't think

I gave up and went back to windows deepstack.. would like to use docker to a save cpu tho

Last edited:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm...just installed a camera in the garage, but Deepstack will not seem to figure out "person". Is it because the cars take up too much of the image? Strange thing is that I'm the only "thing" moving in these pics. Noticed it last night as well when my wife came home, isn't triggering the camera at all (I have car turned off and only person on).

Seems to be the only camera with this issue.

1594910837353.png
1594910932105.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I also found this, it sometimes just fails to spot a person on my driveway too. Having looked at my snapshots I think it might be to do with the overall contrast, my son has a black car and if that's on the driveway it misses people but if my wifes car is parked there instead it seems to detect better, the only real difference is my wifes car is light grey.

In order to resolve these misses I've also configured a motion zone for the cams but confined the zone to a specific small area, so this acts like a backup.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't think

I gave up and went back to windows deepstack.. would like to use docker to a save cpu tho
I PM'ed you but this is the command line I used:

docker run —name="deepstack" -e TZ=Europe/London -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8083:5000 --restart always deepquestai/deepstack

Change the port to whichever you use and TZ to your TimeZone.

Last edited:

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, so just so I get it:

1. Do we need to insert credentials in the login tab for each (i.e., select "this account") or just leave it as local system account?
2. For python.exe, do we add exactly this into the arguments cell below: ../intelligence.py -MODE=Medium -VFACE=False -VSCENE=False -VDETECTION=True
3. For server.exe, is this what we add into the arguments cell: c../intelligence.py -MODE=Medium -VFACE=False -VSCENE=False -VDETECTION=True

Not sure if the ".." in the python argument and the initial quotes in the server.exe argument were there on purpose.

4. Anything else required in any of the other tabs?

View attachment 66455

View attachment 66456
1. Yes, i run the services as my normal user
2. I have this in arguments for python: C:\DeepStack\intelligence.py -MODE=Medium -VFACE=False -VSCENE=False -VDETECTION=True
2b. I have this in the IO tab for output and error: C:\DeepStack\Logs\pyIntelligence.log
2c. On File rotation I have enabled: Replace existing files
3. I have this for arguments: -VISION-FACE=False -VISION-SCENE=False -VISION-DETECTION=True -ADMIN-KEY= -API-KEY= -PORT=88
3b. I have this in the IO tab for output and error: C:\DeepStack\Logs\DeepStack.log
3c. Same as 2c

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
2. I have this in arguments for python: C:\DeepStack\intelligence.py -MODE=Medium -VFACE=False -VSCENE=False -VDETECTION=True
2b. I have this in the IO tab for output and error: C:\DeepStack\Logs\pyIntelligence.log
3. I have this for arguments: -VISION-FACE=False -VISION-SCENE=False -VISION-DETECTION=True -ADMIN-KEY= -API-KEY= -PORT=88
3b. I have this in the IO tab for output and error: C:\DeepStack\Logs\DeepStack.log
3c. Same as 2c
With help from a friend got it to work using this command

docker run -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 83:5000 deepquestai/deepstack

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With help from a friend got it to work using this command

docker run -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 83:5000 deepquestai/deepstack
Notice any benefit in CPU usage? Is 83 your port (instead of 81)? What is the 5000?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
3c. Same as 2c
Didnt seem to work at my end.

For this command:

-VISION-FACE=False -VISION-SCENE=False -VISION-DETECTION=True -ADMIN-KEY= -API-KEY= -PORT=88

If your API key was say af-5667-yujhn-ssr and port was 81, by way of example, would it be:

-VISION-FACE=False -VISION-SCENE=False -VISION-DETECTION=True -ADMIN-KEY= -af-5667-yujhn-ssr= -PORT=81

I.e., have a - in front of the actual API key?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Notice any benefit in CPU usage? Is 83 your port (instead of 81)? What is the 5000?
Yea cpu was in the 90s when processing images running on windows. Now running in docker its around 70

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Failed trying to even install docker desktop for win 10 pro right after clicking on the downloaded installation file: Docker Desktop requires the Server service to be enabled... what service??

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Failed trying to even install docker desktop for win 10 pro right after clicking on the downloaded installation file: Docker Desktop requires the Server service to be enabled... what service??
I know I had to go into bios and turn on visualization

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious, while not analyzing pictures, how many cams are you running (real and clones) and what is your CPU usage? I'm running this:

1594948521471.png

BI fluctuates quite a bit, from 28% to 40%, up and down. Seems higher than it should be, not sure if the clones should be causing so much usage.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Curious, while not analyzing pictures, how many cams are you running (real and clones) and what is your CPU usage? I'm running this:

View attachment 66485

BI fluctuates quite a bit, from 28% to 40%, up and down. Seems higher than it should be, not sure if the clones should be causing so much usage.
13 regular cams and 5 with clones for ai tools