[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Coloscott

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have motion detection off in main camera and on in the clone?
Yes, motion is detection is turned off on the main HD feed cameras but it IS turned on for the cloned low resolution feed clones. Does it need to be off for them as well? I thought from the step by steps it needed to be on? The step by step instructions did say to turn the clones detection to a very sensitive setting. I can try turning the clones detection off too.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, motion is detection is turned off on the main HD feed cameras but it IS turned on for the cloned low resolution feed clones. Does it need to be off for them as well? I thought from the step by steps it needed to be on? The step by step instructions did say to turn the clones detection to a very sensitive setting. I can try turning the clones detection off too.
Clone needs to be on

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sad to admit I've spent the past 5 hours trying to get DeepStack to work and I have had zero luck. I tried running the Windows version and python kept crashing repeatedly. I saw in the troubleshooting section the recommendation was to just run as a Docker. So I rolled my sleeves up and created a brand new Ubuntu virtual machine in Hyper-V, installed Docker, then ran the docker using DeepStack's instructions. For some reason I am not getting prompted to activate when I browse to the website - it keeps telling me the brand new docker instance is already activated. When I do see AI Tools communicating to DeepStack, I'm getting either 403 or 401 error messages.

It can't/shouldn't be this hard... what in the world am I doing wrong?

Annotation 2020-07-23 163221.png

Coloscott

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Clone needs to be on
So, the clones did have motion turned on as you indicate is necessary. I looked at the motion alert in the BI console and the ones I have configured to use AI are being triggered by External so that AI suite is sending false positives which trigger the alerts to go out. Not sure where to go from here.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
So, the clones did have motion turned on as you indicate is necessary. I looked at the motion alert in the BI console and the ones I have configured to use AI are being triggered by External so that AI suite is sending false positives which trigger the alerts to go out. Not sure where to go from here.
Maybe post some pics of ai tool setup and history results

Coloscott

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Click here and have it only display positives.. something must be triggering bi to take pics.. have you got any positive alerts with AI tool? Can you walk out there and try to set it off?
It sees a "person" in one shot and a "car" in another, neither of which are either and it shows them over and over. Both are stationary. It looks like it's showing the same alerts over and over again every 3 mins which is what I have set for Cooldown Time. This is coming together in my mind now. Is there a way to help "tune" the AI engine so it will ignore those pretty obvious mis identifications?

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
It sees a "person" in one shot and a "car" in another, neither of which are either and it shows them over and over. Both are stationary. It looks like it's showing the same alerts over and over again every 3 mins which is what I have set for Cooldown Time. This is coming together in my mind now. Is there a way to help "tune" the AI engine so it will ignore those pretty obvious mis identifications?
I've had that problem when neighbor parks in there back yard and something triggers the camera.. it identifies the car even tho it was already there, it doesn't know that.. solution for me was to mask out tiny areas on the clone camera where ai tool was picking objects up just because they were already there.. maybe turn sensitivity on clone down some too

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should set your confidence level higher. Around 80 or 90%

ReXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think that's a little high, just my opinion
Works great for me. But yes, it may be that different values fits different situations.

But for me, I have it at 90% and I have no false positives and it doesn't miss anything.

Sendt fra min SM-G973F med Tapatalk

meissen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hallelujah - fixed the issue. I needed to install the "noavx" version, whatever that is. Running the docker with noavx image allowed me to enter my API key and get it working.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It sees a "person" in one shot and a "car" in another, neither of which are either and it shows them over and over. Both are stationary. It looks like it's showing the same alerts over and over again every 3 mins which is what I have set for Cooldown Time. This is coming together in my mind now. Is there a way to help "tune" the AI engine so it will ignore those pretty obvious miss identifications?
The shadows are too dark for accurate AI, if you can not improve the contrast, then you increasing the confidence levels in BI Tool and masking those problem areas will help.Filter
Go through actual events, will give you an indication of the minimum confidence levels to use in your setup. Start with 48% for people based on the above image. For the car,you may want to mask that problematic area.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had that problem when neighbor parks in there back yard and something triggers the camera.. it identifies the car even tho it was already there, it doesn't know that.. solution for me was to mask out tiny areas on the clone camera where ai tool was picking objects up just because they were already there.. maybe turn sensitivity on clone down some too
Yep the AI Tool, identifies objects. Unlike say a Dahua NVR with AI it does not identify new or removed objects. AI Tool analyses each image in isolation, which for me I am very happy with this tool.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Any small recurring false positives I just mask out. There’s an area of my garden with a recycling bin which it randomly identifies as a person

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone come across this? My system has been working faulessly for months with V1.65 but found this today. AI Tools final message is can't load cameras.

Exception Text
System.InvalidOperationException: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at WindowsFormsApp2.Shell.IncrementErrorCounter()
at WindowsFormsApp2.Shell.<Log>d__22.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

Loaded Assemblies
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:/C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
aitool
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:/C:/Users/Chris%20Cuthbert/Documents/AI%20Tool%201.65/Release/aitool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Net.Http
Assembly Version: 4.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.26011.01
CodeBase: file:/C:/Users/Chris%20Cuthbert/Documents/AI%20Tool%201.65/Release/System.Net.Http.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone come across this? My system has been working faulessly for months with V1.65 but found this today. AI Tools final message is can't load cameras.

Exception Text
System.InvalidOperationException: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at WindowsFormsApp2.Shell.IncrementErrorCounter()
at WindowsFormsApp2.Shell.<Log>d__22.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

Loaded Assemblies
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:/C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
aitool
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:/C:/Users/Chris%20Cuthbert/Documents/AI%20Tool%201.65/Release/aitool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Net.Http
Assembly Version: 4.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.26011.01
CodeBase: file:/C:/Users/Chris%20Cuthbert/Documents/AI%20Tool%201.65/Release/System.Net.Http.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
CodeBase: file:/C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
Caused by a corrupt camera file. File deleted and re-installed. Back to normal.

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sad to admit I've spent the past 5 hours trying to get DeepStack to work and I have had zero luck. I tried running the Windows version and python kept crashing repeatedly. I saw in the troubleshooting section the recommendation was to just run as a Docker. So I rolled my sleeves up and created a brand new Ubuntu virtual machine in Hyper-V, installed Docker, then ran the docker using DeepStack's instructions. For some reason I am not getting prompted to activate when I browse to the website - it keeps telling me the brand new docker instance is already activated. When I do see AI Tools communicating to DeepStack, I'm getting either 403 or 401 error messages.

It can't/shouldn't be this hard... what in the world am I doing wrong?

View attachment 67006
You could fix it already, perfect. This is a common problem if your CPU does not support AVX (yeah don't bother what avx is exactly). Just download the -noavx Docker and it will work fine.

If you have a similar problem, have a look at the Troubleshooting section of the first post containing the real classics among the issues (with recent versions of AI Tool mainly Deepquest-related :cool:).