[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
Why is docker failing to start? Any errors? Whats your PC setup for specs? I had issues when my PC was woefully under powered
dont know why. the service is running at start but cannot access the deepstack url. it only works when I manually start the desktop app

i7 4770k, 32gb ram, samsung ssd

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
dont know why. the service is running at start but cannot access the deepstack url. it only works when I manually start the desktop app

i7 4770k, 32gb ram, samsung ssd
Do you have the correct port? The example above assumes blue iris is 80 and deepstacks is 81. Looks like you have aitool look at 83. Is that all correct?

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have the correct port? The example above assumes blue iris is 80 and deepstacks is 81. Looks like you have aitool look at 83. Is that all correct?
yes
my blue iris is 81 so i changed deepstack to 83

when I restart the pc. the deepstack url does not work. I have to manually start the exe from docker windows. then the url works

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes
my blue iris is 81 so i changed deepstack to 83

when I restart the pc. the deepstack url does not work. I have to manually start the exe from docker windows. then the url works
When you say exe you mean docker desktop? Or the container within? Does the docker icon show up in the tray on reboot? Did you use the restart always on the container when you ran it originally?

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
When you say exe you mean docker desktop? Or the container within? Does the docker icon show up in the tray on reboot? Did you use the restart always on the container when you ran it originally?
In the app, it is set to start with windows
the service runs, the desktop app does not
no taskbar icon at start, because it wont start the actual app

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the app, it is set to start with windows
the service runs, the desktop app does not
no taskbar icon at start, because it wont start the actual app
Hmm, very odd.. latest version of docker and windows up to date? I'm all out of ideas. I had my own issues with docker but the tray icon always showed up

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, very odd.. latest version of docker and windows up to date? I'm all out of ideas. I had my own issues with docker but the tray icon always showed up
im running windows ltsc (1809) up to date
it is only compatible with WSL1, i dont know if that matters

docker was newest stable version. did not try "edge"

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im running windows ltsc (1809) up to date
it is only compatible with WSL1, i dont know if that matters

docker was newest stable version. did not try "edge"
I couldn't run latest docker with the home version I had. I went to 2004.. then upgrade my key to pro haha, had one laying around.. anyway I'd try getting latest updates. Maybe do a restore point before if you're worried about it mucking with your setup

Motoxer

n3wb
Reaction score
I couldn't run latest docker with the home version I had. I went to 2004.. then upgrade my key to pro haha, had one laying around.. anyway I'd try getting latest updates. Maybe do a restore point before if you're worried about it mucking with your setup
ltsc is considered enterprise
I built the pc last week to run blue iris and it was updated. os is pretty clean with bare minimum on it. firewall on/off made no difference

thanks for trying to help but shit just doesnt work how it is supposed to

considering trying to VM ubuntu just to see if there is even a chance at getting this to work without having to manually run everything after power outs. otherwise about to give up and just deal with false alerts

Reaction score
Are there any updated guides that actually work?
Followed this one exactly and then tried thehookup setup

Docker desktop fails to run at start so AITool errors:
Can't reach DeepQuestAI Server at
Tried a VM of hass.io and it fails to deploy deepstack container through portainer, erroring:
failure object not found in the database
Running A VM in Home Assistant (what I tried initially following the Hook Ups Video as well) won't work at the moment as the latest update to Portainer (which manages additional machines) is broken. It is a known issue and they are working on an update. I tried many ways to run Deepstack in either Docker or a VM but was unsuccessful. I was able to use the Windows version, but hated the fact that I had to run it all manually when I started up windows. Following Rexx's instructions earlier in this thread in post 1,146 worked perfectly however and it's now running pretty well. ([tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris) I think it would probably be less resource intensive if it was running in Docker/a VM, but this seems to be working pretty well.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The noavx version is only supported in Docker, not Windows natively.

Not sure if you're going to run Docker Desktop or run Docker inside of a Linux box, but for Docker Desktop run the following commands to pull and run the noavx version:

docker pull deepquestai/deepstack:noavx

docker run —name="deepstack" -e TZ=America\New_York -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 80:5000 --restart always deepquestai/deepstack:noavx
Thanks working !!

Can you now also set up Blueiris so that there is an alarm when something is detected? Now I only get a picture via Telegram. Blueiris still makes an alarm for everything (that happens before the detection). Can you trigger an alarm via URL? That only then sends Blueiris Push Mail?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I still use a clone cam on which I’ve disabld alerts, AITools then triggers the main cam which has alerts enabled. So whenever the main cam is triggered I get an alert.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still use a clone cam on which I’ve disabld alerts, AITools then triggers the main cam which has alerts enabled. So whenever the main cam is triggered I get an alert.
Okay but this use more CPU or gpu??

Isn't the alarm too late for a picture / clip? aitool always takes a few seconds.

Last edited:

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
now i have test 24h ... 80% false dog = person with over 90% .. i have activate good image qualli but same .. ( black dog = person ) :(

jseybert

n3wb
Reaction score
Two copies of AITOOL.EXE running will cause this issue. If running as a service, your GUI version should not be left open all the time. Just open to review detections, and close it completely after.
I was having this issue as well. Is there a way to open the instance of AItool already running as a service? It seems like opening this second instance can cause other problems as well and I have to stop the service and restart it to get things running again.

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was having this issue as well. Is there a way to open the instance of AItool already running as a service? It seems like opening this second instance can cause other problems as well and I have to stop the service and restart it to get things running again.
Truthfully I'm opening it to review the history. If accessing history.csv in anyway causes the issue, then problems are going to happen

jseybert

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for the suggestions. I finally got a chance to get back to working on this today - been a busy week!:) I have tried various iterations of the memo variable in the URL to no avail. GentlePumpkin, to answer your questions:

1. Ist BI on port 81? Yes, and Deepstack is on Port 83
2. {user} and {pw} need to be replaced, but not [summary] Confirmed
3. I'm not quite sure, but it could be that there must be at least a few milliseconds between creating a trigger and tagging it with memo=[summary]. So triggering and adding the summary must happen with two subsequent url calls Not sure I followed this. Are you suggesting that the delay between trigger and tag would generate the 2 URL's, or that I NEED to create 2 URL's? How can I go about checking to see if this is happening?

I don't know if this is related to this or not (triggering delays) but it seems that one of my cameras will only randomly generate the alarm clip in BI. It shows up in the AITool history, but I will only get the clip in BI maybe 1 out of 10 times (seems random though). The URL is configured the same as the other cameras, and I keep checking BI to see if something is configured differently for that camera, but I can't seem to see any differences.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
OK, I finally figured out my problem why the MEMO feature wasn't showing up in BI. Stupid mistake - I was looking at the CLIPS list, not the ALERTS list in BI. The memo shows up only on the ALERTS list. If you put the "&flagalert" parameter in, it shows up on the "FLAGGED" list then too. Something so simple, but I couldn't see it. :banghead:

jseybert

n3wb
Reaction score
This morning I was checking the AITool log, and I am seeing a bunch of these messages:

"ERROR: Loading entry from History list failed. This might have happened because obsolete entries weren't correctly deleted. System.ArgumentException | Parameter is not valid. (code: -2147024809 )"

The history log is not showing recent clips, and when I click on the ones that are there it shows the same picture for each. I am also seeing these types of error:

"[11.08.2020, 07:55:55]: ERROR: Could not access image 'X:\BlueIris\AI_Input\AI_FrtDrv.20200811_075443878.jpg'."

I recently set my AI_Input folder to only save clips for 2 hours. The folder was getting quite large, and my thought was that it was slowing things down (it is taking a long time between detection and triggering of an alert). I'm guessing maybe this has something to do with it? What does everyone else have their AI_Input folder set to for deleting old files? Does getting rid of these mess up the AITool and the history log? How can I clear this so that the History Log is back up to date?

Thanks!

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a way to send mp4 clips of the alerts to anything other than email? Emails getting a bit slow and I want more than just a snapshot. Tia