TPLINK Router. ...TPLINNK IP cam TL-SC3171G - CONNECTIVITY

ferocious

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all,

FIrst of all, let me tell you am not an IT expert at all.

i have TPLINK router at my home. i purchased a TPLINK IP CAMERA for survillance.

on Lan camera is perfectly fine. I have done the virtual server settings to check cam through online.. works well.

I live in a country whrere, electricity load shedding is there. so due to that most of the time router IP changes and i am unable to remotely access my cam via internet as router WAN changes..

how can i resolve this issue.

P.S i have bought this TPLINK camera because of price from ali express, and i dont know much about gadgets.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
there should be a ddns option in the router that will let you use a address rather than an ip. then you router will update that address every time your ip changes.

ferocious

n3wb
Reaction score
Dynamic DNS oprion is there but what this domain name thing is ??? its rocket science to me going to noip.com and all...

Attachments

ferocious

n3wb
Reaction score
i have registered on noip.com, and its becoming rocket science for me as m going deeper and deeper

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear all,

FIrst of all, let me tell you am not an IT expert at all.

i have TPLINK router at my home. i purchased a TPLINK IP CAMERA for survillance.

on Lan camera is perfectly fine. I have done the virtual server settings to check cam through online.. works well.

I live in a country whrere, electricity load shedding is there. so due to that most of the time router IP changes and i am unable to remotely access my cam via internet as router WAN changes..

how can i resolve this issue.

P.S i have bought this TPLINK camera because of price from ali express, and i dont know much about gadgets.
that camera is old garbage, you got ripped off if you purchased it in the last 6 years. it belongs in the trash...
the solution for the ip change is the ddns service as noted...get someone to help you.

ferocious

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for your suggestion,,... i havnt asked about the camera... i just asked to resoolve router IP cnaging issue...

i know its an obselete one... but working perfect.... problem isnt wioth the camrea.... problem is router ip changes when it turned off..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for your suggestion,,... i havnt asked about the camera... i just asked to resoolve router IP cnaging issue...

i know its an obselete one... but working perfect.... problem isnt wioth the camrea.... problem is router ip changes when it turned off..
I know what you asked about, Im telling you for your own good...Its complete GARBAGE. also it appears that you are foolishly port forwarding the camera, you will be hacked.
Zorac told you the solution for your ip changes. Do it.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dynamic DNS oprion is there but what this domain name thing is ??? its rocket science to me going to noip.com and all...
that's exactly what you need to setup, fill out the boxes with your account info and enable the option with the checkbox and you should be able to access through your noip address. I used noip ages ago, i remember something about having to renew my account every month or two with the free account to keep it working (which is why i left). perhaps your account has expired or gone inactive? im using afraid.org now.

ferocious

n3wb
Reaction score
that's exactly what you need to setup, fill out the boxes with your account info and enable the option with the checkbox and you should be able to access through your noip address. I used noip ages ago, i remember something about having to renew my account every month or two with the free account to keep it working (which is why i left). perhaps your account has expired or gone inactive? im using afraid.org now.

Issue is resolved now.. let me tell you what i did..

i have done nothing with the router....

just registered my self at noip.com and get a hostname, than i pasted that settings into camera Ddns .... and its workout well..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Issue is resolved now.. let me tell you what i did..

i have done nothing with the router....

just registered my self at noip.com and get a hostname, than i pasted that settings into camera Ddns .... and its workout well..
idiotic...you will get hacked.

ferocious

n3wb
Reaction score
right on, good you worked it out

The screenshot i sent you was of router settings, i did nothing with that...

i went into IP cam Dynamic Dns settings and pasted the information i got by registering noip.com..

it worked out .. now live..... :)))

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I respect you as a senior member, please explain how will i get hacked ???
lol, read the forum...you have now exposed a camera full of vulnerabilities to the internet...think a bit...

ferocious

n3wb
Reaction score
lol, read the forum...you have now exposed a camera full of vulnerabilities to the internet...think a bit...

fenderman, what u mean by exposed a camera to the internet ????? pls elaborate....
its passowrd protected with different port... how can its exposed ??

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score