Translated GUI for DS-2CD2412F-IW Firmware V5.3.0

snovotill

n3wb
Reaction score
The attached file is for English users of Chinese camera DS-2CD2412F-IW.
With this translation reference you can operate and configure the camera.
Open with MS Notepad.exe and select font "Lucida Console" 12pt UniCode.
View attachment Hikvision5.3.0.txt UPDATED!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should be able to access the English menu using javascript:chooseLanguage("en") in ether IE or Chrome.

Make 2 separate shortcuts, one with the cam address and one with "javascript:chooseLanguage("en")" as the URL. Click on the cam address shortcut which will bring up the main login screen (in Chinese) then click on the Java shortcut, it will change to English, then login as normal and all menus will remain English until you log out.

If you have multiple Chinese cams you only need one Java English shortcut and it will work with all your Chinese cams.

snovotill

n3wb
Reaction score
You should be able to access the English menu using javascript:chooseLanguage("en") in ether IE or Chrome.
I tried in IE and FireFox but it errored out with "Error Loading document[object Object]" so I gave up and translated instead.

ivarsand

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks
Saved me the job.
I have a DS-2DE2202I and it has Chinese 5.3.0. There are no English in the web pages therefore the javascript:chooseLanguage("en") fails. Since the software is almost identical to other cameras I have with English, the configuration is straight forward with the use of memory and this English to Chinese translation.

snovotill

n3wb
Reaction score
Google Chrome does a translation on the fly, you'd never know it was a Chinese menu set.
Chrome does a translation so many of the settings and menus are out of context or remain in Chinese.
The document I uploaded contains the correct English strings from the English language camera.
(Note: I've just updated the file to correct all the non-camera strings and cleaned it up a bit.)