Tried everything i can find, and nothing is working. Please help.

Reaction score
hello everyone, I'm new on here and have been playing around with ip cameras and blue iris software. that said i have been able to do most of the research already and had hit dead ends everywhere.
I recently purchased 4 "WiFi Smart Camera" i discovered that they are Shenzhen icomm with ANYKA processor. i need to flash the firmware and gain access to the ONVIF and RTSP ports, however i can not access the camera webpage to change any of the settings. the camera makes you use the Yi IoT app to setup the device via a cloud system. im trying to disable the cloud and put the camera on blue iris via RTSP.
i have attached the log file from the camera i disassembled to find the chipset info.
IMG_20231119_141401.jpgIMG_20231119_141410.jpgIMG_20231119_141437.jpgIMG_20231119_141556.jpgIMG_20231119_141603.jpgIMG_20231119_141613.jpgIMG_20231119_141647.jpg pics of the main board and chips on it.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently purchased 4 "WiFi Smart Camera" i discovered that they are Shenzhen icomm with ANYKA processor.
It may seem harsh to say this - but you have purchased absolute junk.
These are low-resolution WiFi-only cameras that use proprietary methods and don't support recognised video and networking standards.
You won't be successful in connecting them to BI.
If you can - try to return them for a refund.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hello everyone, I'm new on here and have been playing around with ip cameras and blue iris software. that said i have been able to do most of the research already and had hit dead ends everywhere.
I recently purchased 4 "WiFi Smart Camera" i discovered that they are Shenzhen icomm with ANYKA processor. i need to flash the firmware and gain access to the ONVIF and RTSP ports, however i can not access the camera webpage to change any of the settings. the camera makes you use the Yi IoT app to setup the device via a cloud system. im trying to disable the cloud and put the camera on blue iris via RTSP.
i have attached the log file from the camera i disassembled to find the chipset info.
View attachment 178176View attachment 178177View attachment 178178View attachment 178179View attachment 178180View attachment 178181View attachment 178182 pics of the main board and chips on it.
On sale at amazon for $21, the TP-LINK Tapo C-110.
It's 2K, Wi-Fi only, has IR and SD card recording, 2 way audio, I am streaming it to Blue Iris as here:

EDIT 11/19/23 @ 1906 CT:
More info...

The only way I'd have wireless cams is the way I have them now: a dedicated 802.11n, 2.4GHz Access Point for 3 cams, nothing else uses that AP. Its assigned channel is at the max separation from another 2.4GHz channel in the house. There is no other house near me for about 300 yards and we're separated by dense foliage and trees.

Those 3 cams are indoor, non-critical pet cams (Amcrest IP2M-841's) streaming to Blue Iris and are adequately reliable for their jobs. They take their turns losing signal/reconnecting usually about every 12 hours or so for about 20 seconds which I would not tolerate for an outdoor surveillance cam pointed at my house and/or property.

But for me, this works in my situation: dedicated AP, non-critical application and periodic, short-term video loss.... if any one of those 3 conditions can't be achieved or tolerated, then I also do not recommend using wireless cams. :cool:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
okay, clearly I'm not going to get as much help as I was hoping to find on here.
I'm not going to give up or get rid of the cameras, so if anyone reads this post and can offer some guidance or help i would be very grateful

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Like we said, many of the cheap no name cameras that have the word "smart" in them use proprietary firmware and you can spend all the time you want and still won't get anywhere.

Nowhere on that box do I see ONVIF compliant, so that is usually the first clue it is proprietary and won't work in another platform.

You got the best advice and a suggestion for a cheap alternative.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Folks are just trying to help by being honest and IMO, not brutally.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you'll find
You get what you need.
-Rolling Stones

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
okay, clearly I'm not going to get as much help as I was hoping to find on here.
I'm not going to give up or get rid of the cameras, so if anyone reads this post and can offer some guidance or help i would be very grateful
Yes, be a passive aggressive dick to folks who are trying to help you for free....that will get you more helpful replies...
The amount of time spent by people like you, refusing to admit they made a mistake and bought garbage is incredible...best part is you purchased FOUR!!! :rolleyes:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
These days some people even not say thanks when they need help from others, but complaint to people who try to help them but not get fast answers. The community here have too many good people always try to help, make some people think can find any answers in 10mins....
For a vender, i think any customers will need help, the 1st thing is to contact the vender, if the vender can't help you and you still want to try then try to help from the forum, youtube, or online searching. I think if the vender can't help you out, just return them. Cameras need some tech skills and some learning, or will be very hard to do a good setting, or even can't activate the camera.