Trigger command on alert - Dahua TIOC illuminate light

Reaction score
Hi brains trust,

I have a Dahua TIOC camera that i'm trying to get the light to illuminate at night when triggered.

The following commands when called turn the light on and off :

(Light On)
(Light off)

However, when I ask Blue Iris to send the command when triggered it doesn't seem to be working. I'm a bit of a novice and have the following settings in the command action.

What's the trick to getting commands to work?

With thanks,

R.

1688386865778.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My BI version is over 2 years old (5.4.7.11 of 6/11/21) so my "Action Set" when triggered is different looking than yours but it works flawlessly, executing the HTTP command when tested or when the cam is triggered.

Note settings in both windows to see if corresponding similar, although different, boxes are checked in your version, etc.

Does yours have a similar option to issue HTTP or MQTT command / Web Request?

EDIT 7/3/22 @ 1130CDT: FYI, my HTTP command is to a Shelly1 Wi-Fi switch on the same LAN, the command shown turns that relay on.

webrequest_MQTT.jpg

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing!

Thank you. It appears I had been trying to use the wrong Command.
What command worked for you? Tony's example is for his shelly device so it would not work for the camera itself.
Another option is to try and set the camera itself to flash/siren when triggered then use blue iris to trigger the camera.
In another thread I suggested users email support and ask for this function as well as an independent button natively in the app or via ui3. These types of cams are becoming more popular and the more requests the developer gets, the more likely he is to implement them.

Reaction score
As promised I'm here with my tail between my legs to report that unfortunately it didn't work.

I tried using the MQTT / Web Request Trigger. However, despite trying different combinations i,e,

my Dahua TiOC HDW3849 didn't trigger the illumination.

I've sent a ticket to support in the hope that they'll be able to help in some way.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the exact text you're typing into the box below?
(no need to redact private IP's...my BI server is 192.168.200.250)

BI_webrequest_1.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As mentioned above why not set up IVS rules in the camera to let it do the triggering?

But if you insist on doing it thru BI and commands you probably need to do it as a curl command.

Reaction score
As mentioned above why not set up IVS rules in the camera to let it do the triggering?

But if you insist on doing it thru BI and commands you probably need to do it as a curl command.
Unfortunately I don't have the S3. So I can't trigger on the camera. Sort of regret not spending the extra $$ to get the better cam.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

This is not workable solution if he wants to control when triggers will fire with blue iris profiles which can be manually adjusted on the fly via mobile.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is not workable solution if he wants to control when triggers will fire with blue iris profiles which can be manually adjusted on the fly via mobile.
That is not how I read what he is trying to do, but if that is what he wants to do, in that case, that is the beauty of the TIOC cams is that it has an alarm enable/disable function and you can simply call that command instead and then let the camera do the heaving lifting of triggering the lights or sirens thru IVS rules.

I have my IVS rules set up in the camera and then have a BI profile to turn off the alarms on the fly via mobile. I simply switch to that profile and the lights/audio do not come on. When I switch back to normal profile, I then have this command run again except false becomes true and it turns the lights/audio back on when the IVS is triggered.

Here is the command using curl, so if the OP wants to continue doing it his way, add the curl command in front of the command he is trying and it will probably work.

Code:
curl --digest --globoff “http://admin:password@192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&DisableLinkage[0].Enable=false”

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have the S3. So I can't trigger on the camera. Sort of regret not spending the extra $$ to get the better cam.
Yeah the 3849 is a horrible camera that should have never been sold.

This is active deterrence camera on an 8MP on a 1/2.8" sensor, so it is on a horrible MP/sensor ratio. You cannot have enough light at night for it to perform well. That sensor is designed for 2MP so a 2MP camera will kick its butt all night long.

Even worse, since this 8MP is on the same sensor and CPU as a 2MP non TIOC camera and there are many threads here showing how under-performing that 3849 is. They had to limit bitrate and other parameters on the 3849 to try to make it functional, and it just doesn't cut it.

In my opinion the 3849 should not be sold with that current MP/sensor and CPU combination, but alas everybody wants 4k and chases MP over sensor and this camera is the epitome of that thinking.

Further, the red/blue flashing lights are more gimmicky and are certainly not a deterrent. With any ambient light you won't see the red/blue flashing unless you are looking right at the camera.

If you want active deterrence, your best bet is to go with the 2MP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV that will blink the white light. This is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio and will perform comparably to any similar 2MP fixed lens camera by Dahua. I have two of them. I have some of the other active deterrence cams as well, and would opt for the 2MP in every instance except for indoor, one could go with the IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV that has the red/blue lights that will bounce off the walls and be much more impressive than outside.

Lot's of threads here where people showed how bad the 3849 camera is in performing:

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV issues
I put this guy up and for some reason, and I can put my finger on it, this picture just looks strange. The grass kind of looks like digital or something. The camera is on the default settings but I feel like I have tweaked most of them. Any suggestions? IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV is the camera.

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV loses connection/reboots during the day
I have a IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV (8MP, Full-color night, 1/2.8” CMOS (3840 × 2160) @20 fps). I also have several IPC-HDW5831R-ZE, IPC-HDW2831T-ZS-S2 , and IPC-HDW4431C-A. The IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV disconnects and reboots during the day, I have no issues during the night. It's my only cam that has this...

Replaced HDW5442TMP-ASE by HFW3849T1P
Hello everybody! I replaced my favourite camera HDW5442TMP-ASE with new HFW3849T1P and I came accorss that HDW5442TMP-ASE has much better picture than newer one. I replaced it because HFW3849T1P 8MP instead of HDW5442TMP-ASE 5Mp and HFW3849T1P is TIOC (three in one camera). I didn't expect so...

Dahua 8mp (TIOC): Full Colour, Active Deterrence & AI
Dahua 8mp (TIOC): Full Colour, Active Deterrence & AI now for sale in UK. I wish they had the Image Sensor: 1/1.8" and a F1:0 lens as I would be all over this. SPECIFICATION Model Number: IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV-280 CAMERA Image Sensor: 1/2.8" Progressive CMOS Effective Pixels : 3840 x 2160...

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV Video Quality
Hi All, I have recently installed Dahua IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV, 2.8mm (8MP, full color, active deterrence) cameras. The overall video quality is good but I cannot read number plate for cars passing down the road (approx 11 meters away) or identify people properly. Is it the expected behavior? What...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is not how I read what he is trying to do, but if that is what he wants to do, in that case, that is the beauty of the TIOC cams is that it has an alarm enable/disable function and you can simply call that command instead and then let the camera do the heaving lifting of triggering the lights or sirens thru IVS rules.

I have my IVS rules set up in the camera and then have a BI profile to turn off the alarms on the fly via mobile. I simply switch to that profile and the lights/audio do not come on. When I switch back to normal profile, I then have this command run again except false becomes true and it turns the lights/audio back on when the IVS is triggered.

Here is the command using curl, so if the OP wants to continue doing it his way, add the curl command in front of the command he is trying and it will probably work.

Code:
curl --digest --globoff “http://admin:password@192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&DisableLinkage[0].Enable=false”
This would require using the cameras ai, there are many reasons why someone would want to use AI in bi. It would also allow you to use custom audio.

Reaction score
Yeah the 3849 is a horrible camera that should have never been sold.

This is active deterrence camera on an 8MP on a 1/2.8" sensor, so it is on a horrible MP/sensor ratio. You cannot have enough light at night for it to perform well. That sensor is designed for 2MP so a 2MP camera will kick its butt all night long.

Even worse, since this 8MP is on the same sensor and CPU as a 2MP non TIOC camera and there are many threads here showing how under-performing that 3849 is. They had to limit bitrate and other parameters on the 3849 to try to make it functional, and it just doesn't cut it.

In my opinion the 3849 should not be sold with that current MP/sensor and CPU combination, but alas everybody wants 4k and chases MP over sensor and this camera is the epitome of that thinking.

Further, the red/blue flashing lights are more gimmicky and are certainly not a deterrent. With any ambient light you won't see the red/blue flashing unless you are looking right at the camera.

If you want active deterrence, your best bet is to go with the 2MP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV that will blink the white light. This is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio and will perform comparably to any similar 2MP fixed lens camera by Dahua. I have two of them. I have some of the other active deterrence cams as well, and would opt for the 2MP in every instance except for indoor, one could go with the IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV that has the red/blue lights that will bounce off the walls and be much more impressive than outside.

Lot's of threads here where people showed how bad the 3849 camera is in performing:

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV issues
I put this guy up and for some reason, and I can put my finger on it, this picture just looks strange. The grass kind of looks like digital or something. The camera is on the default settings but I feel like I have tweaked most of them. Any suggestions? IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV is the camera.

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV loses connection/reboots during the day
I have a IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV (8MP, Full-color night, 1/2.8” CMOS (3840 × 2160) @20 fps). I also have several IPC-HDW5831R-ZE, IPC-HDW2831T-ZS-S2 , and IPC-HDW4431C-A. The IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV disconnects and reboots during the day, I have no issues during the night. It's my only cam that has this...

Replaced HDW5442TMP-ASE by HFW3849T1P
Hello everybody! I replaced my favourite camera HDW5442TMP-ASE with new HFW3849T1P and I came accorss that HDW5442TMP-ASE has much better picture than newer one. I replaced it because HFW3849T1P 8MP instead of HDW5442TMP-ASE 5Mp and HFW3849T1P is TIOC (three in one camera). I didn't expect so...

Dahua 8mp (TIOC): Full Colour, Active Deterrence & AI
Dahua 8mp (TIOC): Full Colour, Active Deterrence & AI now for sale in UK. I wish they had the Image Sensor: 1/1.8" and a F1:0 lens as I would be all over this. SPECIFICATION Model Number: IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV-280 CAMERA Image Sensor: 1/2.8" Progressive CMOS Effective Pixels : 3840 x 2160...

IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV Video Quality
Hi All, I have recently installed Dahua IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV, 2.8mm (8MP, full color, active deterrence) cameras. The overall video quality is good but I cannot read number plate for cars passing down the road (approx 11 meters away) or identify people properly. Is it the expected behavior? What...
Funnily enough I'm reasonably happy with how the camera operates outside of this small issue. The 2 way audio works fine and for what I'm doing it triggers when necessary and captures reasonable footage.

I may go down the reolink path for my next camera.