Trouble using Direct-to-disc

Storic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and also Blue Iris, but I'm learning as I go.
However, I have stumbled on a problem I can't solve.

I have set up 2 USB cameras to BI. Everything working great regarding motion detection, profiles and setup.
It also records as I want as long as BI re-encode the stream.

If I switch do "Direct-to-drive", BI starts "recording", but nothing is saved.

Anyone have a clue what the problem can be?

Adding a screenshot of my record settings:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What SouthernYankeesaid. Also, note that your record tab is set to triggered+continuous, this is not the setting you want. You will miss recordings. Set it to continuous, it will still mark triggers

Dave82

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue with direct to disk. I have a 3tb WD purple drive installed in an Elite desk i5 6500 system running 2 x 2mp starlights. If i change from re-encode with settings to direct to disk nothing actually records. I get a live preview but there is no file saved. If something trigers a camera I get a 00 second alert clip that if I click on it to view it says file not found.

If I toggle from from re-encode to direct to disk the section on the recording bar goes blank. When i toggle back about 5 minutes later to the re-encode setting the recording bar fills in the time gap and the recording is available again. I was pulling my hair out for hours trying to figure where my recordings were going after changing to record to disk until I stummbled on this post and then reverted back to the original setting.

Am I doing something wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue with direct to disk. I have a 3tb WD purple drive installed in an Elite desk i5 6500 system running 2 x 2mp starlights. If i change from re-encode with settings to direct to disk nothing actually records. I get a live preview but there is no file saved. If something trigers a camera I get a 00 second alert clip that if I click on it to view it says file not found.

If I toggle from from re-encode to direct to disk the section on the recording bar goes blank. When i toggle back about 5 minutes later to the re-encode setting the recording bar fills in the time gap and the recording is available again. I was pulling my hair out for hours trying to figure where my recordings were going after changing to record to disk until I stummbled on this post and then reverted back to the original setting.

Am I doing something wrong?
yes you are likely doing something wrong. post your camera video settings as well as blue iris record tab, video tab, and video configuration settings.