Trouble with two way audio on Hikvision 2432 camera

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the two-way audio to work on my Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW.

It is connected to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/8 NVR with 2.3.10 firmware. The 2432 has V5.2.0 build 140721 firmware.

Now, the two way audio works fine if I log into the camera directly via the web interface. But I only have one way audio (mic on the camera) with the iVMS-4200 client software, the iVMS-4500 mobile app on an android device, or logging into the NVR via the web interface. I’ve checked and these are the latest firmware versions for the camera and NVR.

Using the 4200 client, if I right click on the camera view, there is an option to ‘start two-way audio’ and ‘start ip camera two way audio’. If I select ‘start two way audio’, nothing happens—there is still no two way audio. If I select ‘start ip camera two way audio’, I get an error message ‘Failed to enable voice talk’.

Using the 4500 app, there is a microphone icon that I can select, and it turns red, but still no sound from the speaker on the camera.

Is there something I’m missing in the 4200 or 4500 app to get the speaker to work on the camera?
Thanks.
I have the solution to the problem, the DVR / NVR is not going to allow you to use the two-way audio because the software does not support the two-way audio unless you have an amplifier connected to the output Jack on the DVR / NVR and using a PA horn. what you need to do is log into the camera and change the port to something else such as 8001 then log into your router and open up port 8001 and point it to the IP address of the camera, then when you add the camera to your NVR change the management port to 8001 and save. Then you will be able to manage the camera through the ivms software as a standalone using your same external Ip address with port 8001 and you can use the 2 way mic! and it will also record on your NVR locally. of course you can configure the app on your phone to add the new Standalone camera to be able to view it with your other cameras also. does this make sense? You basically have to open up the port for the camera the same way you did it for your NVR but you have to configure the ports correctly so that you can view the camera both locally on your NVR and remotely from the app

Last edited:

ebjowei

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
That sounds a bit strange :) Does the camera sense what is connected to the audio output? Sounds a bit advanced :) But why not. I have the problem that when I use my Hikvision cam through EZVIZ and iVMS4500 the two-way audio button in the app is disabled (greyed out) so I cannot turn it on/off. Is that what you saw also?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
That sounds a bit strange :) Does the camera sense what is connected to the audio output? Sounds a bit advanced :) But why not. I have the problem that when I use my Hikvision cam through EZVIZ and iVMS4500 the two-way audio button in the app is disabled (greyed out) so I cannot turn it on/off. Is that what you saw also?
You need to enable audio in the camera interface in the video settings is an option for video or video and audio

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 2CD2442FWD & two-way radio works however, the sound quality is bad & sometimes get squawking on the device. I haven't tried different sound options yet but wondering what could cause this? I can hear audio just fine but when I switch to two-way it goes crazy. Current audio setting is G.711ulaw & accessing via iVMS4500 smartphone app.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well seems lowering the Input Volume down from 100 made this issue much better.

Raymondo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the solution to the problem, the DVR / NVR is not going to allow you to use the two-way audio because the software does not support the two-way audio unless you have an amplifier connected to the output Jack on the DVR / NVR and using a PA horn. what you need to do is log into the camera and change the port to something else such as 8001 then log into your router and open up port 8001 and point it to the IP address of the camera, then when you add the camera to your NVR change the management port to 8001 and save. Then you will be able to manage the camera through the ivms software as a standalone using your same external Ip address with port 8001 and you can use the 2 way mic! and it will also record on your NVR locally. of course you can configure the app on your phone to add the new Standalone camera to be able to view it with your other cameras also. does this make sense? You basically have to open up the port for the camera the same way you did it for your NVR but you have to configure the ports correctly so that you can view the camera both locally on your NVR and remotely from the app
Hi there.
Iam now in the same situation as above and can get the two way coms to work via the IVMS 4500 and Hik Connect apps, but it only works whilst using my WIFI?I have connected the horn speaker (with a amp) to the audio out
How and what specifically do i have to alter it to work off the WIFI and on the main internet??????????
I can log into my router and my cameras now but iam completly new to most of this so please be patient and describe it in easy terms.
I feel iam almost there as it all works correctly apart from when i disconnect the WIFI.
I can access all my cameras remotley on my apps but the two way comms will not work whilst not on the WIFI.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards Ray.