TruVision NVR TVN-2232P >>> i need your help !!

geo75

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. help us figure out what our problem is . we have NVR TruVision TVN-2232P. problem : when it is completely disconnected from power, does it not save the configuration . We have exactly the same NVR in the other place and when we disconnect it from the power supply or reboot all the settings are reset to factory settings. just like the other one . we replaced the battery (100% working) , updated the firmware from website to the latest version , then i reset the settings to factory defaults and set everything up again and saved everything . but as soon as I reboot the device or disconnect from the power supply, all settings are reset to factory settings . both devices have this behavior. please help me understand . this is a device problem? If not, please advise what I should do to fix this . waiting your reply . thank you in advance .

geo75

n3wb
Reaction score
add info:
we bought a new battery and replaced it. it shows 3 volts as expected . same behavior even without hard drives. let's say the problem is in the battery. when the device is connected to the power supply and when the device is rebooted, it should not lose the configuration. and these devices require activation and configuration all over again every time they are turned on .I disabled the startup wizard feature . but that didn't help either. these devices are still reset to factory settings. and what’s suspicious is that we have 2 such devices and they behave like this. When the device is rebooted, they lose their settings. cameras. ip setings etc

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 3V lithium coin cell is there to keep the real time clock/calendar running when there's no power.....it has nothing to do with maintaining configuration settings; those are written, or SHOULD BE written, to non-volatile memory similar to EEPROM.

I'd say both of those NVR's have an issue, either hardware or firmware.

geo75

n3wb
Reaction score
The 3V lithium coin cell is there to keep the real time clock/calendar running when there's no power.....it has nothing to do with maintaining configuration settings; those are written, or SHOULD BE written, to non-volatile memory similar to EEPROM.

I'd say both of those NVR's have an issue, either hardware or firmware.
I also think that this is most likely hardware problem. apparently there is no power supplied to EEPROM or it's damaged . It’s just a suspicious coincidence that both devices behave the same . i updated the firmware as i wrote above to the latest version see photo

Attachments

Last edited: