Trying MTD hack late at night, audible alarms keeps going off when I setup NAS

sk77289

n3wb
Reaction score
So I messed up and flashed my DS-2CD2432F-IW when I shouldn't have. So I unbricked to 5.2.5 but it's in Chinese. So I was going to use the MTD hack to switch to English. This also happened earlier today before I bricked it, and happened just now when I added the NAS share while trying to navigate in Chinese - a loud annoying alarm starts chirping out of the camera. I couldn't figure out how to shut it off when I could read the language of web console, but now I definitely have no clue what to hit to turn that thing off.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I messed up and flashed my DS-2CD2432F-IW when I shouldn't have. So I unbricked to 5.2.5 but it's in Chinese. So I was going to use the MTD hack to switch to English. This also happened earlier today before I bricked it, and happened just now when I added the NAS share while trying to navigate in Chinese - a loud annoying alarm starts chirping out of the camera. I couldn't figure out how to shut it off when I could read the language of web console, but now I definitely have no clue what to hit to turn that thing off.

Any ideas?
advanced>events>exceptions
turn off the hdd related exceptions..

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's the hdd warning use Chrome to translate the page, even though you won't see the camera image.

Then watch and follow the mtd hack made easy video, to see what your doing wrong.

sk77289

n3wb
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else finds this useful, I found the checkbox to uncheck under Advanced Settings -> ordinary event -> abnormal tab -> select Hard disk for errors from the drop down -> Uncheck Audible alarm.