Trying to make a decision on my system

Saltman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Do I need to buy another external hardrive to attach to these as well. If so, how big should the drive be when writing from blue iris?
They come with HD. I'm in the process of getting a ssd to run windows and bi then record to the hd.. just haven't bought a ssd yet

Saltman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They come with HD. I'm in the process of getting a ssd to run windows and bi then record to the hd.. just haven't bought a ssd yet
I see that they do come with the drives, I just wasn't sure how much hard drive space I should keep to write on when recording 24/7 from blue iris.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I see that they do come with the drives, I just wasn't sure how much hard drive space I should keep to write on when recording 24/7 from blue iris.
Probably want to get a large wd purple for recordings and an atleast 240 ssd.. that's what I'm going with eventually

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@aristobrat is this the switch that you use? https://amzn.to/2KejbFd.
That is the switch (UniFi 16-port PoE) that I use and I would *not* recommend that model.

There’s a thread on the UniFi community forum with hundreds of folks having problems with this specific model switch dropping power to the ports unexpectedly. Problems been happening for over a year but hasn’t been resolved. Their other model switches seem fine (like the 8 port model you were looking at).

Overall I love the UniFi network stuff, but this 16-port model has been a huge letdown for me.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.