Ubiquiti UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell Coming Soon

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does that work, does it appear when you ring the bell?
You go into the Unifi Protect App, click the doorbell view and there is a screen there to type into if you want. The message is then displayed on the doorbell for 60 seconds.

IMG_5939.PNG

IMG_5940.PNG

IMG_5941.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is kind of strange. Is it meant to communicate with somebody he was out the door? If so why can’t it be done by voice?
Couldn't tell you the use case for this, I'm just telling you how it works.
I will never use it.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm tempted to sell or return my EZVIZ DB1 and get the UniFi Doorbell but they're sold out, how long do you think it'll be before they have more or go public with them.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you the use case for this, I'm just telling you how it works.
I will never use it.
I'm thinking the screen is for Unifi Access to show accept or deny messages. or maybe they have forsight to show deaf people that you've hit the unlock relay.

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm tempted to sell or return my EZVIZ DB1 and get the UniFi Doorbell but they're sold out, how long do you think it'll be before they have more or go public with them.
It JUST went EA release. GA release to me will be a while. Your best bet is to create a ui account and accept the Early Access release agreements to get one. There is a discord for Ubiquiti chat that allows you to subscribe to Early Access product releases the moment they are out. That is how I got the doorbell.

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's also no guarantee that the doorbell would ever make it to the general access store. For example, a lot of us bought POE switches from Early Access 1 to 2 years ago that never made it.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have Early Access enabled and brought up the EA products and most of them like UniFi Access & the Doorbell are all Sold Out! That's why I was wondering if you think a second batch would come out or maybe it goes to the General Store

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Video quality looks excellent. Not sure if they have WDR, but it sure looks like it.

Also liking the taller aspect ratio. I have long maintained that 16 x 9, while fantastic for entertainment, is horrible for security video applications.

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Video quality looks excellent. Not sure if they have WDR, but it sure looks like it.

Also liking the taller aspect ratio. I have long maintained that 16 x 9, while fantastic for entertainment, is horrible for security video applications.
They do have "High Dynamic Range" which is off by default.

realist123

n3wb
Reaction score
This looks like a great option to replace my DB1, which is glitchy and requires re-initializing the SD card every couple of weeks.

I recently put a synology NAS on my network. Any idea if it would be compatible with their surveillance station software?

Thanks!

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This looks like a great option to replace my DB1, which is glitchy and requires re-initializing the SD card every couple of weeks.

I recently put a synology NAS on my network. Any idea if it would be compatible with their surveillance station software?

Thanks!
It works ONLY with Unifi Protect (not Unifi Video). It has an RTSP stream so you could use it in standalone mode and pipe it to whatever software you chose.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It works ONLY with Unifi Protect (not Unifi Video).
Do you know if it can be initialized and have RTSP enabled on a network that doesn't having Unifi Protect? I have the original CloudKey and it's working great. AFAIK the only way to get Unifi Protect would be to buy the newer CloudKey which I don't have a need for.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you know if it can be initialized and have RTSP enabled on a network that doesn't having Unifi Protect? I have the original CloudKey and it's working great. AFAIK the only way to get Unifi Protect would be to buy the newer CloudKey which I don't have a need for.
setup the cam as standalone and you don't need protect or a cloudkey.

Also, you can run protect in a docker on other systems.