Unable to change new DS-2CD2542FWD-IS camera IP address with SADP software

godfree1963

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’ve just bought a new DS-2CD2542FWD-IS camera and I need to change IPv4 Gateway and address from the default IP address 192.168.1.64 and gateway 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.75 and gateway 192.168.0.1

I can see the camera with SADP software, but I can’t change the setting. It just comes up with “Failed to modify the settings”. I have tried running the SADP software on a Windows 10 and 7 machine and I’m using admin password 12345.

I have another 4 older Hikvision cameras and they are all working fine and I changed the IP address on them without any problems some time ago.

[FONT=&quot]Any ideas?[/FONT]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you are using the wrong default password..search the forum for the various new passwords being used...

godfree1963

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. I did try all the old/new Passwords I could find but they all wouldn't work. I had to get "SADPTool_v3.0.0.2build20150911". The new camera was shown as "In Active" under Security, you now have to set a new Password before the camera is Active and then you can change settings.

I'm sure you already know that. ;-)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep - it's called 'Device Activation'.
No default passwords for a while now.
Except when the seller has activated it to install modified firmware and not reset back to defaults ...

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I encountered the same issue trying to initially use the SADP tool. So to clarify the solution, I first open a browser (Firefox seems to work best) to the default IP address of the camera (in may case it shipped with 192.168.1.64), which prompts you to create a admin password. If you LAN is not 192.168.1, you ,may need to temporarily change you laptop IP address to a static one on 192.168.1. (e.g., 192.168.1.100) Once the camera's password was set, then I could change the IP address info.

I think SADP would not allowing saving of a different set of IP address parameters until the password was set by this method (or I did not have the right default admin password).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think SADP would not allowing saving of a different set of IP address parameters until the password was set by this method (or I did not have the right default admin password).
What version of SADP did you use? If it was off the CD with the camera, it could be an old version (2.x)
SADP V3.x allows both 'device activation', ie the setting of an initial strong password, and then setting IP address and gateway address, without the need to change any of the PC IP configuration.
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What version of SADP did you use? If it was off the CD with the camera, it could be an old version (2.x)
SADP V3.x allows both 'device activation', ie the setting of an initial strong password, and then setting IP address and gateway address, without the need to change any of the PC IP configuration.
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
I freshly downloaded SADP from the HIKVision USA, although if is showing v 2.1. What I downloaded as the HIKVision Tools software, that included SADP. I see there is a v3 of SADP that is separate of the HIKVision tool. I just downloaded this "raw" SADP that appears to be newer than the one bundled with the Tools software. Very odd.

Thanks!