Unable to open file: 8000007a

Ominus404

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

I have been having this issue for a couple of days now, initially only a recording or two could not be played, instead a black screen was shown with this error Unable to open file: 8000007a but today , every single new recording fails to play, file sizes seem correct so i am unsure what exactly could the problem be.

I should mention it has only been a few days since i bought BlueIris4 and yesterday i upgraded to version 5 but had no new issues except for this error. I am running blue iris as a service since we tend to have unexpected power outages and this makes sure it starts up with the server and continues recording.

Any help or tips greatly appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have been having this issue for a couple of days now, initially only a recording or two could not be played, instead a black screen was shown with this error Unable to open file: 8000007a but today , every single new recording fails to play, file sizes seem correct so i am unsure what exactly could the problem be.

I should mention it has only been a few days since i bought BlueIris4 and yesterday i upgraded to version 5 but had no new issues except for this error. I am running blue iris as a service since we tend to have unexpected power outages and this makes sure it starts up with the server and continues recording.

You should have waited before upgrading. Do this for the future blue iris updates as well and you wont have any problems. Never update ANY software the first day of release.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello!

You can only use direct to disk.....the re-encode using AAC will not play. The clips is fine , BI5 will not decode it. I have emailed support with sample.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Ken, informed me that a fix is on the way for this. Probably look for 5.0.0.44 when it comes out.

Ominus404

n3wb
Reaction score
Use search in the forum.

If your equipment is not on a UPS you more than likely killed something.
I did do a search for this problem but couldn't find anything specific that could help me with this. I even tried searching only the error code which led me to threads talking about problems connecting to cameras. Which made me think my issue could be related to the user account of the server but could not find an issue there as i can move/copy/delete the files that would not open in BlueIris.

Getting an UPS might not be a bad idea, though the power outages aren't that common, they are frequent enough that eventually the hardware will suffer faults. I completely forgot UPSs exist, since the last time i was looking at them i wasn't in a financial situation where i could afford even the cheapest UPS.

You should have waited before upgrading. Do this for the future blue iris updates as well and you wont have any problems. Never update ANY software the first day of release.
Very true, but seeing as i only have a single camera and have not seriously begun working on my home surveillance, i thought i might as well try the latest version. I would have definitely stayed on version 4 if i had the entire system finished, after all, version 4 worked flawlessly through the entire trial period, unlike the opensource iSPY, which constantly crashed and had trouble streaming the cameras video smoothly.

You can only use direct to disk.....the re-encode using AAC will not play. The clips is fine , BI5 will not decode it. I have emailed support with sample.
Ken, informed me that a fix is on the way for this. Probably look for 5.0.0.44 when it comes out.
This may be it! Yesterday evening i decided on a clean reinstall of blue iris 5 and after reading your post i decided to disable audio streaming from the camera as i don't really need it for the location the camera is present at. Today when i came home from work i checked on blue iris and so far all videos since the change are playing without issue. I also left the client open while running BI as a service thinking there might be some permission problem between them. I closed the client now to see if recordings work when only the service is running and will check on it after a few hours.

I shall come back in a day or two and and let you know if the issue has been resolved or not.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my post and reply!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed and reported this bug yesterday too, but I guess that was unnecessary because you guys were on top of things!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
5.0.0.44 has fixed this issue. The clips with errors before play now.