Unable to view cameras on 4G, only wifi works

LancsBen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have a Dahua NVR (DHI-NVR4104HS-P-4KS2) with x4 IP cameras and I'm using the GDMSS app on my Galaxy s10+. My problem is when I open the app I can access the cameras when connected via wifi but not on 4G. I've tried everything I can think of to try and get it to work but no joy. I get the message "Your device is not connected to wifi, be careful about dataflow consumption" which I get is just to notify, then all cameras show "Network is disconnected".

Also, I've installed a system for a friend a year ago, I have exactly the same issue, I can connect to his whilst my phones connected to my wifi, but not on 4G! Could it be a problem with P2P? Or the software on the NVR?

I've tried 3 different mobiles, my Galaxys10+, iPhone 6 and another Galaxy s10+ and all doing the same.

I've tried port forwarding 37777 etc on router and still nothing, I don't think its this anyway because my friends system is doing the same and nothing has changed in regards to his network.

Its showing as Online on the network page and is DHCP. I can access it from any wifi not just my own, I'm getting speeds of around 30 down and 10 up on 4G. Everything seems to be pointing to P2P issue.

Thanks,

Ben

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your 4G provider can be blocking the data. Not familiar with the UK 4G providers.

P2P is not recommend , it is a security risk. I recommend setting up a VPN connection (openVPN) .

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does the ISP use CG-NAT? (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation).
Basically IPv4 IP addresses are expensive because they are running out. So ISPs share a public IP address for multiple people, and give you an internal IP. This causes a problem when you are away from home and trying to connect to your stuff using that shared IP.
Some ISPs will turn off CGNAT for free if you have a good reason (cams is one of them usually), some will force you to pay for a static dedicated IP.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check the name of your firmware version. Some distributors sell the dahua devices with a personalized firmware that requires their own app for the P2P to work.(you'll recognize many of them because they include letters between the numbers that identify the firmware version)

In case of doubt try updating the firmware with the official one and return the nvr to factory default. (Returning it to factory default is mandatory if this is your issue). Also make sure you've set the date and time of your recorder correctly.

Also, this firmware issue would make it impossible to connect from any wifi network outside the network where the recorder is installed, so if you can connect from any wifi network far from the recorder this is not your case.