UNV IPC3638SR3-DPZ (4k 8MP) stop working after firmware upgrade QIPC-B1203.15.6.210108 (Feb 2021)

poeplus

n3wb
Reaction score
Be advised that the latest firmware QIPC-B1203.15.6.210108 (from 8th of Feb) could break your camera model: UNV IPC3638SR3-DPZ (4k 8MP).

The camera responds to ping but there is no stream, cannot connect to its web page and EZStation cannot see the camera anymore: "media stream not ready" then "camera offline"

After the power cycle, the camera works for 3 min then it goes offline for 7-10 min, then back on for 3 min and so on.

2021-02-09 17_21_17-Window.png

2021-02-09 17_22_08-Window.png

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to factory reset the camera? What about downgrading firmware?

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know I was about to upgrade from IPC_Q1203-B0010P22D1907 to the new current firmware.

poeplus

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried to factory reset the camera? What about downgrading firmware?
Yes, finally I reset the camera to default, now, the camera is online for 3 to 5 min then the camera goes offline with no network activity, then it comes back, and so on. See the attached ping history.

For debugging:
  • Swapped the POE network port just to check that there is no power issue.
  • Reset all various settings to default.
  • Remove all the motion detections
  • Disabled the SD Card recording
  • Finally, reset the camera to default.

Attachments

poeplus

n3wb
Reaction score
Good to know I was about to upgrade from IPC_Q1203-B0010P22D1907 to the new current firmware.
I wrote to globalsupport@uniview.com about it and 2 hours later Leon@uniview.com replied.
I answered Leon's questions but Ian@uniview.com replied back.
I answered Ian's questions. an no more replies.
Then I wrote back to all of them, and Coco@uniview.com replied requesting Team viewer.
I set up the team viewer email back the details. No reply. Email all of them the Team viewer details. No reply.
It's been more than 3 days!!! no reply.

Meantime I contacted the store I bought the camera from no more than 6 months ago, so still under warranty. They are an authorised dealer. He replied yesterday that they are waiting for the UNV technical people.

So, yes I would like to run the previous version, but there is nowhere to get it from. Worse, there is no firmware release notes anywhere.

poeplus

n3wb
Reaction score
Coco just replied. It looks like I need to wait till next week.

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 00:27, <Coco@uniview.com> wrote:
Hello,
This is Coco from Uniview Technical Support. Thank you for choosing uniview products.Sorry sir ,we are on the Chinese Spring Festival,and we will be open on next week.

Note:Please reply all when you reply my email or you can alsocopy to service@uniview.comso that all our engineers can receive this email and help to solve your problem ASAP.

Thank you. Have a good day!
Best Regards
Technical Service Department
Coco

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DO NOT UPGRADE AN NVR OR CAMERA UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTLY NECESSARY FOR A PROBLEM YOU ARE HAVING. IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DO NOT FIX IT.

Cameras are not PCs they do not need to be upgraded.

poeplus

n3wb
Reaction score
DO NOT UPGRADE AN NVR OR CAMERA UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTLY NECESSARY FOR A PROBLEM YOU ARE HAVING. IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DO NOT FIX IT.

Cameras are not PCs they do not need to be upgraded.
I am sorry to say but your statement is correct only 25% of the situations!

1.You should always keep all your devices up to date, especially when they are under warranty! In my case 3 years warranty.
2.A firmware update is no not realised every month, but once or twice a year, every time when they bix bugs, improve performance add new features.
Mainly fix bugs. Now, since flash does not work on any browser since Jan 2021, you cannot preview in the browser anymore unless you upgrade.
3. This is a $600 AUD camera (on sale for $450). The vendor must be held responsible for proper testing before realising an update to an expensive camera! This not $100 AUD 4k Reolink camera...
Your statement encourages them to be sloppy!

You are correct:
-if the camera/NVR is out of warranty (without support),
-if the camera is used only in your intranet (ideally, on a separate network) without internet access.

We can start a debate about this, but in my opinion, your statement is an exception, not a rule.
I've got a feeling that your computer/server has never been hacked because of a stupid IoT device that was "not fixed" because it was "not broken"!

I'm just saying ...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your statement encourages them to be sloppy!
lol. Your statement results in a bricked camera. Go try and "hold them responsible"...
Only a fool exposes their camera directly to the internet. Any camera, any firmware.

poeplus

n3wb
Reaction score
lol. Your statement results in a bricked camera. Go try and "hold them responsible"...
Only a fool exposes their camera directly to the internet. Any camera, any firmware.
The Australian authorised dealer will handle the warranty.

You will be surprised to know for how many fools I had to install a VPN device, so they can check their cameras remotely.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Australian authorised dealer will handle the warranty.

You will be surprised to know for how many fools I had to install a VPN device, so they can check their cameras remotely.
Lol I don't think you know what a vpn is.

poeplus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your post.

I did a search for IPC_Q1203-B0010P22D1907 and I found both the release notes and the firmware.

I downgrade the firmware and the camera works as before, it has been online for over 2h. After I downgrade the firmware I also reset it to default.

I will wait for Uniview support to contact me, and let them test the new firmware remotely. The only thing is that Chinese new year festival lasts a week, so most likely they will be back after the 18th of Feb.

I will update this thread.