Update 4.4.8.3 yesterday, remote access (local and net) gone today - Android still works.

FLBill

n3wb
Reaction score
First thing this AM, no remote access by Internet or LAN. Android 'phone app. works both ways. The new webserver wizard says error 12007.
Router port forward correct (unchanged) and can't find an address error in the BI setup - and I haven't changed anything there, either. Internet connection is OK. Win7/64 Pro, AMD A10, 16GB, ran just fine until now. I love it, please help me fix it.

Edit- If I login to BI first or alone it loads normally. I have my IE set to open BI and an Everfocus DVR at the same time, in two tabs - as it happens, in different orders on two different machines, which is how I discovered this aspect of this anomaly. If the DVR is opened first, the web address in IE for BI changes to http://login.htm/?page=/ and of course, IE can't find it. This used to work smoothly - something has changed. OTOH, Firefox, when given the IP address of BI alone, jumps immediately to http://login.htm/?page=/ and gets lost just like IE.

Last edited:

gluc0se

n3wb
Reaction score
I am glad I am not the only one. Android still works over WAN/LAN. I can access the local LAN webpage but nothing over WAN using the browser. I bet a small update would fix it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The Android app uses the same web server as a web browser, so that is really strange.

Edit- If I login to BI first or alone it loads normally. I have my IE set to open BI and an Everfocus DVR at the same time, in two tabs - as it happens, in different orders on two different machines, which is how I discovered this aspect of this anomaly. If the DVR is opened first, the web address in IE for BI changes to http://login.htm/?page=/ and of course, IE can't find it. This used to work smoothly - something has changed. OTOH, Firefox, when given the IP address of BI alone, jumps immediately to http://login.htm/?page=/ and gets lost just like IE.
If you are accessing BI and the DVR via the same IP address or host name, then it could be that your Everfocus DVR and Blue Iris are both fighting over the cookie named "session". If this is the case, I think you could work around it by setting up a second dynamic DNS hostname, and connecting to Blue Iris with one and the Everfocus DVR with the other.

FLBill

n3wb
Reaction score
DVR and BI machine are both at the same static IP. From the LAN side each has its own IP in the same subnet. Everything worked fine until yesterday or this morning. Apparently the IP address of the BI machine instead of being appended with login.htm/?page= when BI responds, is being replaced with that. There was no problem before the update; something was changed, and needs to be addressed and corrected.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Right, I wasn't sure if it was actually being replaced or if you had just snipped out the hostname/IP address from your URLs you were posting. With all the little bugs BI has has since the 4.4.8.x updates, I am becoming more and more suspicious that memory corruption of some kind is going on. Memory corruption usually results in crashes though.

FLBill

n3wb
Reaction score
It occurs to me that if I were to revert to even the previous iteration I would have a workable temporary fix until this is sorted out. Is there a simple way to do such a thing?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, second post here has a download link for 4.4.7.4 x64: 4.4.8 - November 12, 2016

In the future, be sure to update manually and save your old update.exe files (I name them with the specific version they contain), otherwise you are at the mercy of people on the internet who did save their old update files.