updating firmware on hiks

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
I must ask, is this impossible to do?
i have tried every file posted on this forum for my 2 DS-2CD2342WD-I with WR in the serial. every time, update failed it says.

So i tried to update my ds-2cd2f42fwd-iws also with WR in serial, with the file from here http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2X22FWD,2X42FWD,2X52F/V5.3.6 build 151105/&file=IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.3.6_151105.zip
and this too says fail

WTF is going on ?

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
Status
Upgrading failed. on the cams

Failed to get the upgrading progress. on my nvr, brand new straight out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the PC issues, try another laptop as you have plugin issues possibly or you could tftp the firmware on.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Dumb question, for which apologies, did you unzip the archive you downloaded and point the camera web GUI at the digicap.dav file?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One more thing to answer please: what folder/directory is the firmware you are trying to upload in (what is the location of the firmware you are trying to upload)?

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
yes it was unzipped.
on the nvr i tried from c:\nvr\digicap.dav
and the cams from c:\hik\digicap.dav

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the PC issues, try another laptop as you have plugin issues possibly or you could tftp the firmware on.
I have now tried with another coumputer, fresh install of windows 7 and the plugin. and still the same errors.
Will do some reading on how to use tftp and try that

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Copy the digicap.dav file to your documents folder and try to upgrade the firmware from that location.

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
Copy the digicap.dav file to your documents folder and try to upgrade the firmware from that location.
same errors, from both computers, and both firefox and ie. maybe it don't like my ips, running 10.0.0.x

caffeind

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar issue upgrading swann cams to hikvision firmware, once I Copied the digicap.dav file to my documents folder and upgraded the firmware from that location it worked.