Upgrade Comcast Router/Modem combo?

CJ555

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also like problem solving, so if I see someone else's problem I solve theirs when I'm low on my own problems.
You said it so don't blame me when I pester you with my IP problems! :D

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol!

I'm just a lifetime tech nerd. I also like problem solving, so if I see someone else's problem I solve theirs when I'm low on my own problems. I'm sure there's a support group for it out there somewhere
Lol!
The image in my mind is hilarious!
A bunch of folks in a church basement, sitting on folding chairs, and drinking lousy coffee.
Kawboy12R stands to address the group.
Kawyboy: "I'm Kawboy. I'm a Techoholic. It's been 4 months since my last camera purchase"
Group: "Welcome, Kawboy"
K: "My problems began when I started hanging out with a bad element. They welcomed me into their midst. It was exciting at first. I started slowly.
G: (murmurs with consent and support)
K: "Pretty soon, those "Friends" at ipcamtalk.com had me buying more cams, and spending money on more equipment. It was thrilling!"
G: (mutters of "Amen, brother")
K: "I began to ignore my family. I even wrote reviews.... I began to lure newbies into our midst. I wanted more "Likes' to accumulate to my on-line persona."
G: (more murmurs).
K: "My family stepped in. They disconnected me from my personal POE port. My family arranged an intervention. John from IPVM came out. Andy flew in from China. Fenderman handled the attendance list, and kept the trolls away. Bigredfish handled security."

Image fades.
"Soon to be available on Amazon"

Tongue firmly in cheek.....

Fastb

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha. You lost me at "It's been 4 months since my last camera purchase" though. 4 whole months?!? Come on now, be realistic... :)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't bridge something (basically turns off the router and WiFi) unless you've got another router to plug it into or really really don't need WiFi and are only plugging it into a single computer. There's really no real reason to bridge it even then. Just bridge it if you're putting a better router into the system. Some routers are crappier than what the internet companies provide, so you'd be going backwards. No sense spending money and taking the time to change it and have lousier wifi.