Upgrading from bricked 5.10

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a DS-2CD2332-I cam which was bricked some time ago, thought it may be worth trying to get it up and running again.
I have the firmware file 5.10firmware.dav (hacked Chinese) which I can uploading using tftp.
Once I get it up and running on 5.10 whats the recommended steps to get it to a more recent version?

Thanks

Last edited:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a cam which was bricked some time ago, thought it may be worth trying to get it up and running again.
I have the firmware file 5.10firmware.dav (hacked Chinese) which I can uploading using tftp.
Once I get it up and running on 5.10 whats the recommended steps to get it to a more recent version?

Thanks
I would just update it to 5.1.6 and keep it on an isolated network (i.e. not connected to the internet). That's the version I run for my DS-2CD2032-I which has been ultra reliable from day 1.

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would just update it to 5.1.6 and keep it on an isolated network (i.e. not connected to the internet). That's the version I run for my DS-2CD2032-I which has been ultra reliable from day 1.
Thanks, do you know where can I get a copy of the 5.1.6 firmware?

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks very much. Any reason you recommend sticking to 5.1.6 rather then 5.2 or higher?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
with tweeks 5.20 or 5.25 are fine but no real reasons to go higher, just don't use port forwarding for remote access.

If it's WR you could update it fully if CH do the mtd hack then update it fully.

it's what ever you are happy with.