US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
Excerpt:
"The IRS has had long-standing technological issues, with the agency struggling to update the around 60-year-old COBOL tax processing system or find employees qualified for its use, TIME reported."
COBOL??? :lmao::lmao:
LOL... I got out of doing advanced math in college by taking a programming course-- COBOL. All I remember is that it had 4 sections, and the code in all of them had to align perfectly or you got Garbage Out. That would have been like 1983 or 84...

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Two Texas Democrat Judges Switch To Republican Party
September 1, 2022

View attachment 138822

Two life-long Democrats recently announced they will be running for re-election as Republicans, in part, because of the worsening border crisis under President Joe Biden.
Shows me they had bad judgment to begin with. Why trust a judge who didn't understand what the Hypocrat party stands for...chaos, crisis, division, lawlessness, no accountability. No sir/ma'am...stay with your chit party.

Reaction score
Five things to watch in Trump’s first rally since FBI search

"Former President Trump on Saturday will hold his first rally since the FBI searched his home in Florida.

Trump is ostensibly heading to Pennsylvania to help boost support for the teetering campaigns of Senate candidate Mehmet Oz and gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano, both of whom he backed in their Republican primary races.

But Trump is expected to unleash on President Biden, the Department of Justice and the FBI in a speech that will take place two days after Biden described Trump and his movement as an urgent threat to democracy.

Here are five things to watch: …"

https:/worldinformationnow.com/five-things-to-watch-in-trumps-first-rally-since-fbi-search/

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait, What? Biden Just Promised Never to Let an Election Be Stolen ‘Again’? What Election?

“If we elect two more senators .... We’ll protect voting rights. We’ll pass election reform and make sure no one, no one, ever has the opportunity to steal an election again!” Biden exclaimed.

Wait, What? Biden Just Promised Never to Let an Election Be Stolen 'Again'? What Election? • Warner Todd Huston • (ipatriot.com)

My comment: Hey Joe, which election was stolen?
Technically, he said "opportunity" to steal. But I get your concern.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Five things to watch in Trump’s first rally since FBI search

"Former President Trump on Saturday will hold his first rally since the FBI searched his home in Florida.

Trump is ostensibly heading to Pennsylvania to help boost support for the teetering campaigns of Senate candidate Mehmet Oz and gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano, both of whom he backed in their Republican primary races.

But Trump is expected to unleash on President Biden, the Department of Justice and the FBI in a speech that will take place two days after Biden described Trump and his movement as an urgent threat to democracy.

Here are five things to watch: …"

https:/worldinformationnow.com/five-things-to-watch-in-trumps-first-rally-since-fbi-search/
He should be careful and UNITE the country.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
But a lot of these lib dummies will continue to vote for the the hypocrat party... They just can't help themselves. Just wait and see the results of the upcoming elections in their State. Dummies!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wait........I have an associates degree in computer science, from a Jr. college, from 1986..............I studied COBOL........I wonder if I could talk them into a half million dollar a year Salary...?? I could be like Fauci....."Trust the (computer) Science"....
Well they are Hiring ( the IRS ) .. better than applying to economically unproductive outfits like Snapchat, Amazon, Shopify, Wayfair, Malwarebytes, Stripe, irobot, Beyond Meat, RingCentral, Zendesk, .. and others who are dropping employees ... ;)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Electric shock: Spike in U.K. energy prices push cost of running EVs above gas-powered cars

Charging electric vehicles in Britain soon will be more expensive than filling up gasoline-powered cars thanks to soaring electricity costs — an economic switcheroo that could be a harbinger of shrinking financial benefits for Americans who go green.

British energy regulators told electricity consumers to expect to pay 80% more beginning Oct. 1. The national price cap on residential electricity will send the average bill from about $190 per month to an estimated $343 per month, or more than $4,000 per year.

The shocking price hike stems from the nation’s limited reserves and Russia’s cutoff of one of the region’s major sources of electricity generation: natural gas. British energy prices eclipsed those of many other Europeans because the nation lacks domestic energy storage and production of natural gas, nuclear and renewables, making it more reliant on imports.

Kenny Stein, policy director of the Institute for Energy Research, warned that the financial hardship in Europe from rising energy prices is an omen for Americans if the U.S. transitions from fossil fuels to renewables faster than the supply can handle.

“For the U.S., this actually gets to an underlying fallacy of a lot of people that are pushing electric vehicles: They assert electric vehicles are cheaper because they assume electricity prices are going to stay cheap,” Mr. Stein said. “You’re combining the increased demands on electricity. That means you’ve got to build a new generation.”

[SNIP]

British electricity prices will nearly double from about 33 cents per kilowatt-hour to 60 cents per kilowatt-hour, making electric vehicles cost more before and after owners drive them off the lot. The average electricity cost in the U.S. is less than 11 cents per kilowatt-hour, according to the Energy Information Administration.

Electric shock: Spike in U.K. energy prices push cost of running EVs above gas-powered cars - Washington Times

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Former DNI: DOJ Didn't Find What It Was Looking for in Mar-a-Lago Raid

Former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said Wednesday on Fox News Channel’s Jesse Watters Primetime that he did not think the Department of Justice found what it was looking for during the raid of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Fla.

He also accused the Department of Justice of not being fully transparent.

“The judge would appoint the special master, and it would be an extension of the court,” Ratcliffe told fill-in host Judge Jeanine Pirro. “I do think that it’s the right thing to do. The DOJ’s position is number one, we don’t need a special master…we’ve already sorted everything and looked at everything. Take our word for it that it was done. As you pointed out, they had attorney-client privilege in there, so the taint team that was looking at this didn’t do their job.”

“And, you know, all of this, listen, you presided over a lot of cases,” Ratcliffe continued. “I was a former federal prosecutor, United States attorney. Let me tell you what this is about. Good prosecutors with good cases play it straight. They don’t need to play games, they don’t need to shop for judges, they don’t need to leak intelligence that may or may not exist. And in this case, this tells you that the government didn’t find what they were looking for.”

He added, “There weren’t nuclear secrets in Melania Trump’s underwear drawer, and they’re trying to justify what they’ve done. They’re not playing it straight before the American people.

Former DNI: DOJ Didn't Find What It Was Looking for in Mar-a-Lago Raid – PJ Media

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Dems' Pennsylvania Senate candidate brandished gun, chased jogger

The story seems familiar; a Caucasian yahoo brandished a firearm and used a pickup truck to pursue a jogger because he suspected that the latter committed a crime. This was how Ahmaud Arbery got murdered, but this story is not about Ahmaud Arbery.

John Fetterman, who is running against Dr. Oz to fill the U.S. Senate position being vacated by Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, chased after jogger Christopher Miyares while brandishing a shotgun because he believed that Miyares might have been involved in a crime.

Fetterman says it wasn't about race, and there is no reason to doubt his word on this, but his actions nonetheless exhibited an appalling lack of judgment and total incompetence regarding the lawful use of firearms for self-defense. He heard noises that he took for gunshots (turns out some kids were setting off bottle rockets), saw a man jogging in the area and heading toward an elementary school, and took it into his own hands to detain the man while threatening him with a shotgun.

While I cannot give legal advice, the two ingredients for lawful deployment of deadly force consist of (1) a verbal or visual threat to cause death or serious injury and (2) the immediate means of putting the threat into effect. Menacing another person with a firearm constitutes both a threat and the immediate means of acting on it. If this is the entire story, Miyares would have been perfectly within his rights to draw a concealed firearm, had he been carrying one, to shoot Fetterman, who was clearly not a law enforcement officer with either authority or cause to detain him. Fetterman also stipulates that he "might have broken the law," which, while I cannot give legal advice, he might indeed have done.

Pointing a Gun = Aggravated (Felony) Assault

Dems' Pennsylvania Senate candidate brandished gun, chased jogger - American Thinker

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its OFFICIAL - America is doomed
A lot has changed since the 1960's and the dawn of the Space Age. However, decades of regression (dumbing down) have finally shown its true colors. :(
This is what happens when you step into the world of Tik Tok

monkey-cymbal.gif monkey-banana.gif

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
He clearly shows bad judgment. If this was a conservative then the outcome would be different. What kind of asshole hears a loud noise, then because someone is jogging, illegally detains them. If it were a cute female jogger do you think he'd react the same way?

Dumbarse libtard Pennsylvanians will vote for this caveman anyway because their judgment is worse than his.

Last edited: