US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what the rabid uneducated left does to try to stifle free speech in support of sick demented adult males who play dress up to get into girls locker rooms and are too pathetic and emotionally weak to compete with other males.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I find snowflake millennials who cherry pick insignificant dead bills proposed by members of any party as evidence of a broader policy entertaining.

I find people who want to expose toddlers to sexually suggestive “entertainment” by grown men , odd. I find books focused on teaching 3rd graders about oral and anal sex, odd. But hey, it’s easier to make an argument when you don’t have to deal with the facts or details .

Have you not read about the very real already documented efforts by your associates in the current government to censor extremely important information by media outlets and social media?
Well said and right to the point. I have to question what kind of morals Rezzor has.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No one ever said they were trying to ban books unilaterally, just those that don't follow a certain narrative. It goes way, way beyond books.
No, .. I don't want to see Ed Meese style censorship either on Neo-classic statues and the like ..

Censorship is bad in general ..

The American Republic and key principles require a solid foundation of free speech and power balances to minimize chances of tyranny ..

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Biden administration has given $2.35 BILLION to the Taliban since the withdrawal: Damning report reveals huge waste in taxpayers' funds after 20 years in Afghanistan | Daily Mail Online

Since the fall of Afghanistan, the U.S. has forked over funds to groups under the brutal Taliban regime to the tune of $2.35 billion.

That's according to a new report from the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), released to the public on Tuesday.

Another $1.7 billion 'remained available for possible disbursement' at the time of the report, dated July 30.

The report was made public as the U.S. approaches the two-year anniversary of the frenzied withdrawal.

The total amount of money appropriated for 'reconstruction and related activities' since 2002 dwarfs the figure from fiscal year 2022 and 2023. Over the past two decades, $147.06 billion in US funding has been appropriated to the war-torn Middle Eastern nation.

The funds that have been appropriated since the Taliban takeover in 2021 flow through non-governmental organizations and other groups working on reconstruction projects. But with the Taliban wielding control over nearly every sector of the economy, it's more than likely a portion of those coffers have ended up in their hands.

In April SIGAR head John Sopko told the House Foreign Affairs Committee he 'cannot assure this committee or the American taxpayer we are not currently funding the Taliban.'

Sopko also said the Biden administration had stonewalled his probe and refused to hand over documents to track the flow of cash under the Taliban.

The report cited another analysis from the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) that found the Taliban views aid, particularly that from the United Nations (UN), as a 'revenue stream.'

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
People like RFK, Vivek who have said they will shut down CIA, FBI respectively. Need to double security and fly commercial and probably wear a vest. Even if Vivek owns the plane, the maintenance is still done by some aircraft firm and always expect it to be bugged.

I also hope Trump plane is vetted by the secret service including the maintenance parts.

When they are desperate they will do anything.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
...except that's a lie. Nobody is trying to BAN books unilaterally. There are some who rightfully want to not allow children to see material that is not age-appropriate.

If you can't see the difference, you're part of the problem.
What's the difference between those descriptive gay and trans books in the library, than a gay hustler-like magazine waiting on every kids desk first day of school.

My opinion... nothing.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No one said imperialism was cheap. BTW, did you bother reading the report, particularly Section 2?

The United States remains the largest donor to the Afghan people, having
appropriated more than $2.35 billion since the Taliban takeover in August
These efforts are implemented through nongovernmental organizations
(NGOs), international organizations, or other third parties, which State said
minimizes any benefit to the Taliban to the extent possible.

In other words we are are still paying for Bush Jr.'s misadventure. You break it you buy it.
9/11 .. had to go into Afghanistan .. regardless of the President ..

Yes, guess you can also blame Clinton for setting the USA up for 9/11 ..
and the prior Presidents .. oh, and Jimmy Carter for letting Iran go Ayatollah ..

also, USA is not a classic imperialist nation .. more of a trade hegemon .. but then again, some nation would have to be the Hedgemon .. which nation would you pick instead of the USA ?

Soviet Union ?
China ?
India ?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
No one said imperialism was cheap. BTW, did you bother reading the report, particularly Section 2?

The United States remains the largest donor to the Afghan people, having
appropriated more than $2.35 billion since the Taliban takeover in August
These efforts are implemented through nongovernmental organizations
(NGOs), international organizations, or other third parties, which State said
minimizes any benefit to the Taliban to the extent possible.a

In other words we are are still paying for Bush Jr.'s misadventure. You break it you buy it.
You are being very naive. Do you really think that money is going to the Afghan people? President Trump had the situation under control. It was Biden's sudden pullout that left everything in a lurch, including stranded American citizens and billions in military equipment. Biden has been a disaster since day one. Also why do you support having sexually explicit books in grade school? Why do you support teaching transgenderism in grade school?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No, .. I don't want to see Ed Meese style censorship either on Neo-classic statues and the like ..

Censorship is bad in general ..

The American Republic and key principles require a solid foundation of free speech and power balances to minimize chances of tyranny ..

Except that image is a fake and the incident had nothing to do with covering up genitals on roman statues.

The Idaho issue was about 6 pieces of art that had to do with abortion and ran counter to new Idaho and US laws according to the actual story.
Citing Idaho abortion law, Lewis-Clark State College censors its own art show
Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston has removed artwork from a new exhibit at its Center for Arts and History, citing a state law that prohibits public funds be used to pay for or promote abortions.

Hardly a major act of censorship and nothing to do with the original implied freedom of speech remarks

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
J6 Committee failed to preserve records, has no data on Capitol Hill security failures, GOP charges

FIRST ON FOX: The House select committee that investigated the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021 failed to adequately preserve documents, data and video depositions – including communications it had with the Biden White House that are still missing – according to the Republican lawmaker overseeing the GOP investigation into the committee's work.

The now-disbanded "J6" committee, which was run by Democrats and included only two GOP members, has also failed to provide any evidence that it looked into Capitol Hill security failures on the day of the riot, Rep. Barry Loudermilk, R-Ga., chairman of the Subcommittee on Oversight for the Committee on House Administration, told Fox News Digital.
(snip)
Loudermilk says Thompson’s committee was required by law and House rules to preserve and turn over all data related to their investigation at the end of the congressional term in December, and Loudermilk said as much to Thompson in a letter on June 26.

J6 Committee failed to preserve records, has no data on Capitol Hill security failures, GOP charges (yahoo.com)

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think this July will be the hottest recorded month in history in my part of the world.. I believe we were hotter, longer in the 1930s than anytime this century, especially for days over 100 and 110. The highest recorded temperature around here was in 1921 at 117F. You can check out this site Extreme Weather Watch to see if your state/city is at historical levels.

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So the Antifa thugs lawyer who is also Antifa threatened the jury in front of the judge and still got away, only in a blue state a case such as this can loose and you can get away with threatening the Jurors.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A Better Honest question is, do you believe Biden got 80+ million legal votes, more than Obama? 'C'mon Man!
Oh, you had to throw that pesky word "legal" in there, didn't you....if not for that stipulation and if not for the fact that untold numbers of dead people and illegal aliens voted and many people voted multiple times or individual ballots were counted more than once, I'd say "yes"! :wtf: