US Elections (& Politics) :)

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Dear Governor Abbott:

After watching the dog and pony show in New York, where they are trying to steal
$250 million or $250,000,000 if written out in long hand. Just because none of the bastards
have any skills but stealing from the populace, I think it is high time that we as citizens from the
Great State of TEXAS, send more busses!

It is time to advertise that there are gold mines in the subway tunnels. Free meals at the finest restaurants
downtown! 150 busses a day will help them spend all of their ill gotten gains on endless campaigns or wars.

Also to what is left of New York, when those theoretical migrants yell "REVOLUTION" it will be toooo late!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
EMILY’s List Removes Line In Newsom’s Senate Seat Pick Stating She Lives In Maryland

EMILY’s List, the left wing Super PAC which previously employed newly selected California Sen. Laphonza Butler, removed a section of her bio that stated she lived in Maryland.

Internet Archives reveal a now-removed section of her biography that said, “She lives in Maryland with her partner Neneki Lee and their daughter Nylah.”

Butler, who California Gov. Gavin Newsom selected to fill the seat vacated by Dianne Feinstein’s death, had listed her home address as Silver Springs, Maryland, as recently as August, according to FEC filings. She had also reportedly registered to vote in Maryland in 2022.

Newsom tapped Butler after promising to fill Feinstein’s seat with a black woman. Previously thought of as a placeholder for one of the three major contenders for the seat in the upcoming election, Butler may have a chance to keep the seat, as Newsom said her selection was not contingent upon a promise not to run in 2024....

If Butler chose to run she would likely face competition from Democratic California Representatives Adam Schiff, Katie Porter and Barbara Lee, another black woman who Newsom ruled out for the temporary gig “over worries about giving someone a leg up” in the 2024 election,

Before joining EMILY’s List Butler was the director for Public Policy and campaigns at Airbnb and served as a labor leader for the Service Employees International Union in California. She also served as a senior strategist on Kamala Harris’ 2020 presidential campaign and remains a “close confidante” to the Vice President

My Comment: Looks like Maryland gets a third Senator.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And to THINK that this guy was a school principal. Wow.

View attachment 173871
Is this the same former high school principal that thinks the red pull fire alarms with white lettering ("Fire Alarm") can be confused with ADA-compliant push-buttons to open doors?

Eh...I dun thin so, Lucy. Got anudda 'splanation? :idk:

I have one...you think everyone else is as stupid as you are.

ADA-doorbutton.jpg fire-pull.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question. What did I miss? :rofl:
Where in Hell have you been, man? Your fan club has been worried sick!
Don't tell us you have a life other than IPCT now.... :lmao:

@Broachoski even created a thread, man!