US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
Lets face it. If Trump loses. What would the news media do
When Trump beat Clinton, Colbert went off the deep end. He has been defining his talk show for four years now based on Trump. Every sketch, joke, comment and most of the guests are chosen to ridicule Trump. Without Trump, Colbert will have no one to dump on and would actually have to rely on talent.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
We were watching some skits from the Carol Burnett show. Amazing how they, Gleason, Skelton, Burnett and all the rest, could be so funny and not have to curse or be obscene to get good laughs. Heck, the comedy of Eddy Murphy can't be done today and he was funny, albeit a little "coarse".

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the music to play on the night of Election Day, particularly Home of the Brave

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I guess now we know who everyone will be voting for

There’s only one candidate now :rofl:
I've seen plenty of Biden gaffes, but this wasn't one of them. You can tell the video you posted has been edited. If you listen to the end of the full speech, you'll know what I mean. Conservatives get enough of a bad rap without bringing it on ourselves.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You have an absolutely valid point, but an alert candidate would be careful what to say; he should not have used democrat senate in the same sentence :rofl:

I've seen plenty of Biden gaffes, but this wasn't one of them. You can tell the video you posted has been edited. If you listen to the end of the full speech, you'll know what I mean. Conservatives get enough of a bad rap without bringing it on ourselves.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it was edited and Creepy Sleepy Joe did correct himself, but that doesn't mean his brain was engaged while his mouth was moving or that his brain can be engaged in the first place. He also managed to forget the name of Mitt Romney in that same speech. Sleepy Creepy Joe is not in any condition to be able to fill the Office of the President of the United States. Can you imagine what that kind of thing would be like if he did it in a meeting with Putin, Lil' Kim or anyone else? To parrot a phrase "gimme a break, man".

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
C' Mon Man, President Xi is in the house :rofl:

Yes, it was edited and Creepy Sleepy Joe did correct himself, but that doesn't mean his brain was engaged while his mouth was moving or that his brain can be engaged in the first place. He also managed to forget the name of Mitt Romney in that same speech. Sleepy Creepy Joe is not in any condition to be able to fill the Office of the President of the United States. Can you imagine what that kind of thing would be like if he did it in a meeting with Putin, Lil' Kim or anyone else? To parrot a phrase "gimme a break, man".

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even with the teleprompter, Biden was obviously having some difficulty. But the bit about the senate was the beginning of his closing statements which was cut short by the edited video. While there was a distinct pause after the senate statement, I think the un-aired full line was intentional, just not well read during his speech. I doubt it was an impromptu self-correction; I don't think Biden has that ability anymore. What irks me most though is the lies he spews like gospel...and of course Biden is just doing what many of the more prominent democrats have been doing for years.