US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hail cripples massive solar farm, sparking resident concern about vulnerable 'green' tech

An onslaught of hail in southeastern Texas that destroyed large portions of a massive solar farm is highlighting the perils of trading traditional power sources for vulnerable "green" alternatives and sparking concern about the potential for chemical leaks from the broken panels.

Aerial footage captured the significant damage suffered by the Fighting Jays Solar farm in Fort Bend County, Texas. The March 15 storm shattered hundreds of panels and prompted a nearby resident to question if the solar panels were leaking chemicals such as cadmium telluride, which is linked to serious health risks in humans.

"My concern is the hail damage that came through and busted these panels – we now have some highly toxic chemicals that could be potentially leaking into our water tables," Needville resident Nick Kaminski told Fox affiliate KRIV-TV. "I have a family — two children and a wife. My neighbors have kids and a lot of other residents in the area who are on well water are concerned that the chemicals are now leaking into our water tables."

Hail in Texas cripples massive solar farm, sparking resident fears about tech | Fox News

Comment: The article never states to power output before the hailstorm and after the hailstorm. I bet it really dropped.

abita_brewing

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hail cripples massive solar farm, sparking resident concern about vulnerable 'green' tech

An onslaught of hail in southeastern Texas that destroyed large portions of a massive solar farm is highlighting the perils of trading traditional power sources for vulnerable "green" alternatives and sparking concern about the potential for chemical leaks from the broken panels.

Aerial footage captured the significant damage suffered by the Fighting Jays Solar farm in Fort Bend County, Texas. The March 15 storm shattered hundreds of panels and prompted a nearby resident to question if the solar panels were leaking chemicals such as cadmium telluride, which is linked to serious health risks in humans.

"My concern is the hail damage that came through and busted these panels – we now have some highly toxic chemicals that could be potentially leaking into our water tables," Needville resident Nick Kaminski told Fox affiliate KRIV-TV. "I have a family — two children and a wife. My neighbors have kids and a lot of other residents in the area who are on well water are concerned that the chemicals are now leaking into our water tables."

Hail in Texas cripples massive solar farm, sparking resident fears about tech | Fox News

Comment: The article never states to power output before the hailstorm and after the hailstorm. I bet it really dropped.
That fact that people in Texas of all places are suddenly concerned with groundwater is really rich. Can you say 'fracking'? There, I knew you could. Can you say "injection wells" also, as well as "disposal wells"? When the oil/gas companies f'up the groundwater that we ALL take for granted.... it will be too late. Everyone will be crying for green tech.

Reaction score
That fact that people in Texas of all places are suddenly concerned with groundwater is really rich. Can you say 'fracking'? There, I knew you could. Can you say "injection wells" also, as well as "disposal wells"? When the oil/gas companies f'up the groundwater that we ALL take for granted.... it will be too late. Everyone will be crying for green tech.
LOL.... and they will have no power to Run that "green" tech, OR, the power that is available is so expensive that only the WEALTHY can actually use it to maintain a basic lifestyle.

oh what have I done... I may have fed it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone has liberal friends that are "on the fence", please send them a link to this YT video about the "tough on crime" Kamala and her sudden left turn to "catch and release.".

Trump’s Lawyer TORCHES 'Chameleon' Kamala After 20yrs Of Working With Her: 'That Accent is CRINGE'

abita_brewing

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL.... and they will have no power to Run that "green" tech, OR, the power that is available is so expensive that only the WEALTHY can actually use it to maintain a basic lifestyle.

oh what have I done... I may have fed it.
You're ok. You are just ignorant. Ignorant of the fact that renewables are pushing electricity costs negative at times, and the degree which fossil fuels are subsidized by tax dollars from you and I. Do you enjoy seeing people you know die overseas to "protect freedom/oil"? You've got dead soldiers, direct subsidies, groundwater contamination, air pollution (200,000 dead Americans each year alone), other health consequences, and more others items/issues than I can count.

I'm toying with you all. In an honest debate, using FACTS, it's little challenge to whip your ass up and down the street. But y'all seem to enjoy being ignorant and wrong.

We didn't leave the stone age because we ran out of stones.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Whoa: Trump Hits 52% in New Harvard/Harris Poll

Say, whose honeymoon is this, anyway? Supposedly, Kamala Harris has "totally upended" the race with The Anointment and the media's rush to proclaim the advent of "Kamalot." Also, Donald Trump only has a ceiling in the mid-40s and can't possibly win an outright popular-vote majority, especially with such a Historic Candidate™ as an opponent.

Or so analysts thought. According to a new Harvard-Harris CAPS poll, Donald Trump leads Kamala Harris 52/48 with leaners, and 48/45 without. Harris has improved Joe Biden's numbers on the latter, but not the former:

[cut]

Even the unsure voters are breaking toward Trump, at least somewhat. The more worrisome data for Democrats are in the charts below, however. Trump holds Republicans to the ticket better than Harris holds her own party in both formulations. In fact, her 87% without leaners should be a red flag for the DNC, suggesting strongly that the party is not as sold on The Anointing as the media claims, even with the full-court press on Kamalot!

Take a look at the indie numbers, too. Trump leads by six points without leaners -- and six points with leaners. One has to wonder whether the sample tilts a bit toward the Dems based on those results plus the party loyalty numbers above. If so, Trump's still scoring an outright majority over Harris, who's attractiveness as a candidate is at its zenith before she's forced to open her mouth about policy.

In the next slide down, we see even more demographic red flags ahead for Harris and the Dems. Trump leads by 12 among men and only trails by four among women 44/48. Trump also wins an astounding 25% of the black vote and 44% of the Hispanic vote, which is slightly lower than in some other polling.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Kamala Harris's Father Slams Her for 'Fraudulently Stereotyping' Jamaicans With Pot Comments, Accuses Her of Pursuing 'Identity Politics': Report

After Senator Kamala Harris admitted she smoked pot and supported marijuana legalization because "half my family's from Jamaica" during an interview last week, her father has publicly criticized her for fraudulently stereotyping Jamaicans as "pot-smoking joy seekers" and accused the 2020 presidential candidate of pursuing "identity politics."

Donald Harris, a retired Stanford professor, rebuked Harris's comments linking her Jamaican heritage to her pot use during an interview with The Breakfast Club radio show last week.

"My dear departed grandmothers...as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family's name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not, with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics," he said in a statement to Jamaica Global Online last week.

"Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty," Donald Harris added.

Kamala Harris stopped by the Breakfast Club, a nationally syndicated morning show, last Monday to talk about her 2020 presidential run, criminal justice reform and legalizing pot in America. During the 44-minute-long interview, the Democratic candidate was asked about rumors that she opposes the legalization of pot in America.

latest Attack On Harris: 'Abhorrent...

U.S. 2020 Election Kamala Harris Pot Marijuana Senator Kamala Harris's Father Slams Her for 'Fraudulently Stereotyping' Jamaicans With Pot Comments, Accuses Her of Pursuing 'Identity Politics': Report Published Feb 20, 2019 at 7:20 PM EST Updated Mar 11, 2019 at 2:54 PM EDT By Christina Zhao Senior news editor FOLLOW 3 After Senator Kamala Harris admitted she smoked pot and supported marijuana legalization because "half my family's from Jamaica" during an interview last week, her father has publicly criticized her for fraudulently stereotyping Jamaicans as "pot-smoking joy seekers" and accused the 2020 presidential candidate of pursuing "identity politics."

Donald Harris, a retired Stanford professor, rebuked Harris's comments linking her Jamaican heritage to her pot use during an interview with The Breakfast Club radio show last week.

"My dear departed grandmothers...as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family's name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not, with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics," he said in a statement to Jamaica Global Online last week.

"Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty," Donald Harris added.

Kamala Harris stopped by the Breakfast Club, a nationally syndicated morning show, last Monday to talk about her 2020 presidential run, criminal justice reform and legalizing pot in America. During the 44-minute-long interview, the Democratic candidate was asked about rumors that she opposes the legalization of pot in America.

Hear what #KamalaHarris thinks about legalizing marijuana pic.twitter.com/YGZlCAKUZ0

— The Breakfast Club (@breakfastclubam) February 11, 2019 Sign up for Newsletter NEWSLETTER The Bulletin Your Morning Starts Here Begin your day with a curated outlook of top news around the world and why it matters. Enter your email address

I want to receive special offers and promotions from Newsweek By clicking on SIGN ME UP, you agree to Newsweek's Terms of Use & Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time. "That's not true," Harris said. "And look, I joke about it— half joking—half my family is from Jamaica. Are you kidding me?"

Later, host Charlamagne Tha God questioned her on whether she had smoked the drug. "I have. And I inhaled. I did inhale. It was a joint," Harris said, adding that she used pot during college.

"So if it was legalized all throughout the country, and medicinal, would you again?" Charlamagne pressed.

Listen," Harris responded, "I think that it gives a lot of people joy, and we need more joy."

She continued: "Not all drugs are the same. We have incarcerated so many, particularly young men—and young men of color—in a way that we have not, for the same level of use, other young men. And we've got to deal with that."

Harris has emerged as a top candidate in recent weeks among a crowded and diverse field of Democrats. Her mother, who died in 2009 from cancer at age 70, was Tamil Indian, and her father is Jamaican.