US Elections (& Politics) :)

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How many here have spouses who are having almost mini meltdowns over this election?

My wife, who has never been really political, is really stressing over this election, to the point that I find myself bolstering her spirits if our party doesn’t win. Nearly every day I tell her no matter what, we will survive.

She wants us to buy property and build a house off grid and plant a fairly large garden. I’m all for this but not because if Biden Harris wins.
My wife isn't really stressing. She's more upset with all the BS the Dems have been doing. My mother-in-law hates Trump and rages over this stuff haha.
The media has done a number on a lot of people since Trump got in.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The lady is too naive, he is the president of USA not the world, why he needs to do something that is fair to China, Hongkong or Taiwan or other countries?
From my view, right now lots of US people not care about the other places in the world at all like CHINESE. Joe's view is trying to fight for the western core value, but this core value is not the core value now for lots of people in US or other western countries. Though Trump did lots of crazy thing, but he makes US stock market 4 years crazy increasing, this is good for US people and all over the world who invest on it. Chinese people wants Trump to win, the Chinese gov right now looks like also want Trump to win. If Joe wins, he will work with the unions to fight with China.
Anyway, this is my own watching from news, and share with you guys. Trump or Joe, decide by US people. And we will know soon.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Registered Republican, known Trump supporter:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A former U.S. Postal Service worker was charged with tossing dozens of absentee ballots and other mail that was found in a dumpster in Kentucky, the U.S. attorney’s office said.

DeShawn Bojgere, 30, of Louisville, was charged with delay or destruction of mail, a news release from U.S. Attorney Russell Coleman’s office said in a news releaseMonday.

The mail included approximately 111 general election absentee ballots that were being mailed form the Jefferson County clerk’s office to voters, as well as 69 mixed class pieces of mail, 320 second-class pieces of mail and two national election campaign flyers from a political party in Florida, the release said.

Bojgere told Postal Service special agents that he was responsible for discarding the mail, prosecutors said. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.

It was not known whether he is represented by a lawyer who could comment on his behalf.

Special Agent Scott Balfour said earlier that such incidents are “exceedingly rare.”

Not finding any evidence of that anywhere.... perhaps CT you can point us to some factual data? (not your usual Facebook sources)

But these ARE registered Democrats and known Biden supporters
0FFF0D07-0B66-472A-8182-EB3BF20F033D.jpeg

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The lady is too naive, he is the president of USA not the world, why he needs to do something that is fair to China, Hongkong or Taiwan or other countries?
From my view, right now lots of US people not care about the other places in the world at all like CHINESE. Joe's view is trying to fight for the western core value, but this core value is not the core value now for lots of people in US or other western countries. Though Trump did lots of crazy thing, but he makes US stock market 4 years crazy increasing, this is good for US people and all over the world who invest on it. Chinese people wants Trump to win, the Chinese gov right now looks like also want Trump to win. If Joe wins, he will work with the unions to fight with China.
Anyway, this is my own watching from news, and share with you guys. Trump or Joe, decide by US people. And we will know soon.
All I can say Andy is you got my vote!!! Sure wish businesses over here ran as proficient as yours does. Thank You

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A former U.S. Postal Service worker was charged with tossing dozens of absentee ballots and other mail that was found in a dumpster in Kentucky, the U.S. attorney’s office said.

DeShawn Bojgere, 30, of Louisville, was charged with delay or destruction of mail, a news release from U.S. Attorney Russell Coleman’s office said in a news releaseMonday.

The mail included approximately 111 general election absentee ballots that were being mailed form the Jefferson County clerk’s office to voters, as well as 69 mixed class pieces of mail, 320 second-class pieces of mail and two national election campaign flyers from a political party in Florida, the release said.

Bojgere told Postal Service special agents that he was responsible for discarding the mail, prosecutors said. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.

It was not known whether he is represented by a lawyer who could comment on his behalf.

Special Agent Scott Balfour said earlier that such incidents are “exceedingly rare.”
So which is it? Voter fraud doesn't exist via mail? Or voter fraud does exist when ballots are intentionally thrown away? You have to pick one. You can't have it both ways depending on what narrative you are pushing at that given time.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A federal judge Tuesday blocked the Justice Department's effort to intervene in a defamation case against President Donald Trump brought by E. Jean Carroll who claimed the president disparaged her when he denied her claim that Trump raped her in the mid-1990s.

U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan rejected the government's central argument that Trump was acting in his official duties as president last year when he denied magazine writer Carroll's allegation that he had raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in New York City.

The Justice Department's intervention was seen as an effort to shield the president from the potentially damaging legal action in the midst of a re-election campaign. The judge's ruling effectively keeps Carroll's claim alive.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So which is it? Voter fraud doesn't exist via mail? Or voter fraud does exist when ballots are intentionally thrown away? You have to pick one. You can't have it both ways depending on what narrative you are pushing at that given time.
Maybe you have a different definition of FRAUD than Webster has:

Definition of fraud

1a: DECEIT, TRICKERYspecifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal rightwas accused of credit card fraud
b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICKautomobile insurance frauds
2a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTORHe claimed to be a licensed psychologist, but he turned out to be a fraud.also : one who defrauds : CHEAT
b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to beThe UFO picture was proved to be a fraud.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
As much as I like Trump the republican machine is annoying me more and more every day. The picture below was my inbox this morning. Can't they understand the difference between distributing information vs. propaganda overload? The really good one is the 700% matching grant in the bottom message. If you can't get 'em any other way, try greed!
emailInbox.jpg

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Maybe you have a different definition of FRAUD than Webster has:

Definition of fraud

1a: DECEIT, TRICKERYspecifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal rightwas accused of credit card fraud
b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICKautomobile insurance frauds
2a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTORHe claimed to be a licensed psychologist, but he turned out to be a fraud.also : one who defrauds : CHEAT
b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to beThe UFO picture was proved to be a fraud.
Nope, my definition pretty much lines up with what you posted. You might want to re read that definition.

Deceit? Check

An act of deceiving or misrepresenting (like when they deceive the voter that thinks their vote will be counted or ballot received, and misrepresented to their employer that they did their job)? Check

A person (dishonest, criminal mail carrier) is not who he or she pretends to be (an honest, law abiding mail carrier)? Check

Cheat (like cheating in an election by throwing away ballots)? Check

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

The Postal Service union came out in favor of Biden. Mail your ballot at your own risk. I used a drop off box.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a register republican. I do believe the current democratic party is sick to the core and not at all like the far better party we had 20, or even 10 years ago.

Despite that, I do believe the polls that indicate a Trump loss. This election is not about biden, but rather about Trump. Through a concerted media campaign over four years to spur up hatred of him--and btw I fully acknowledge he has made it extremely easy on them--TDS is intense. So, probably he loses. There will be talk of a crisis within the republican party but I don't see that. I just see a flawed candidate. He didn't handle covid that well, and if not for covid the polls currently would be reversed, because biden is a horrifically weak, utterly unimpressive candidate by every measure.

In any case, he put three justices on the court, and of course the recent confirmation of ACB was perfectly legal and reasonable and the democrats--as we all know--would have done the same thing if they had the chance.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm a register republican. I do believe the current democratic party is sick to the core and not at all like the far better party we had 20, or even 10 years ago.

Despite that, I do believe the polls that indicate a Trump loss. This election is not about biden, but rather about Trump. Through a concerted media campaign over four years to spur up hatred of him--and btw I fully acknowledge he has made it extremely easy on them--TDS is intense. So, probably he loses. There will be talk of a crisis within the republican party but I don't see that. I just see a flawed candidate. He didn't handle covid that well, and if not for covid the polls currently would be reversed, because biden is a horrifically weak, utterly unimpressive candidate by every measure.

In any case, he put three justices on the court, and of course the recent confirmation of ACB was perfectly legal and reasonable and the democrats--as we all know--would have done the same thing if they had the chance.
Who ever has the House and the Senate this time around will make the difference. If Trump wins, it will be a plus.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

What in your opinion could he have done better for Covid? Each state has their own power to do what they see fit or feel is best for their state. They also seemed to get federal assistance easily for Covid. My opinion of course..

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

IMHO the polls put out by the media are suppression polls. They are meant to discourage Trump supporters. Look at what happened in 2016 and what they said about Hillary Clinton.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What in your opinion could he have done better for Covid? Each state has their own power to do what they see fit or feel is best for their state. They also seemed to get federal assistance easily for Covid. My opinion of course..
Look no further than what is happening in Europe for example. Sweden seems to be faring better, the others not so well.

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He didn't handle covid that well, and if not for covid the polls currently would be reversed,
I see what you mean,
Trump:
Took early action to cut off travel from China
Built the world’s leading testing system from nothing
Enacted mitigation measures to slow the spread
Mobilized public and private sectors to secure needed supplies
Took action to protect vulnerable Americans
Launched effort to deliver a vaccine and therapeutics in record time
Provided support to workers and businesses
Paved way for reopening to get America working again
Surged resources to hot spots as they arose
Confronted China as origin of the virus while Democrats and media cowered

while democrats:
govs forced sick people into nursing homes to die alone
called actions to restrict the virus spread xenophobic and fear mongering,
invited tourists to come to Chinatown for the party
invited tourists to come to New York
forced people to isolate "for their own good"
forced businesses to remain closed and go bankrupt an put hundreds of thousands out of work.
encouraged riots, looting, burning of cities and targeting police
excused the "mostly peaceful" America-hating rioters while locking up those who wanted to assemble at church
refused to allow relief money for the people they forced into ruin

But they forced everyone to wear ineffective masks, bashed Trump and refused any cooperation, so they're the heroes? Yeah, that sounds right.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Look no further than what is happening in Europe for example. Sweden seems to be faring better, the others not so well.
Apples and oranges. Sweden is among the most, if not the most, healthy nation on the planet. We know that the CCP Virus doesn't affect healthy people as badly. The US has an epidemic of obesity which is a major comorbidity for the CCP Virus and that obesity brings along diabetes which is yet another serious comorbidity for the CCP Virus. When comparisons are made the overall health of each country has to be factored in, not just the raw numbers.