US Elections (& Politics) :)

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
I watched the video. While the couple is totally in the right, they made a critical mistake, one that I too learned the hard way. ANY time you exersize your right to self defense, you MUST call the police and wait for them to arrive, investigate the scene, and make an official report. It is best if the person who exercised their right calls first—even better if they call before exercising that right and do so only after the police took too long to arrive. You can't just exercise your right to self defense and then walk/drive away—even if "nothing happened", like with this scene. They don't like that at all and will take the side of the party that contacted/stayed on the scene! I think it is an outrageous travesty that they are being charged, however. It is the black lady and her daughter who should be getting charged with a crime!
You know what--- THAT is a very valid criticism. Absolutely agree! It would have spawned "Karen" jokes, but so be it. They could have gone around the corner just out of sight and waited.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I trying to understand just when obstructing traffic became a permitted action. Some Pennsylvania State Troopers got into trouble for using tear gas, such a dangerous and nasty weapon, to clear a crowd from an interstate in Philadelphia. The poor "demonstrators" were coughing, choking and crying but no one mentioned the potential for large collisions caused by a busy interstate in a major metropolitan area suddenly being blocked by them.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know it doesn't sound nice, but if that happened every time without consequence to the individuals (rightfully) driving on the road, the people (wrongfully, illegally) jaywalking in the streets would stop doing it! Instead, the "powers that be" encourage anarchy by not only being to scared to do anything about it themselves, but by punishing those that do.

edit: Just as suspected, the driver is arrested without bail for two counts of "vehicular assault" with heavy damage to his car. The two jaywalkers who were hit are in critical condition with multiple injuries. Two women injured as car drives through Seattle protest crowd

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
My understanding is that the driver was being chased by the police for another offense when he hit the bugs in the road in his attempt to get away.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My understanding is that the driver was being chased by the police for another offense when he hit the bugs in the road in his attempt to get away.
Well that explains the sirens in the background. So why was he booked on only the two vehicular assault charges and not evading police and whatever other offense they were after him for?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure why he wasn't booked on other charges, or if he was and the media, in their usual fashion, just reports the vehicular assault charges. Given that vehicular assault could easily be more serious than what he was being chased for or evading that could also explain it. Beats me, just posting what I heard/saw on FNC.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, once again...it's the fault of the police...if they just stopped chasing the dude then.... :rofl:
Oh, yeah... that's the logic these days.

It's not the fault of those illegally blocking a U.S. highway.....
It's not the fault of the person evading the police.....
It IS the fault of the only ones doing what they were supposed to be doing (enforcing the law) because when you look at the results using their logic, if the cops had NOT been chasing the dude, no one would have gotten injured or killed, right? so it MUST be the police's fault...it just stands to reason!

Gimme another frickin' break! :banghead: