US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
I was a LEO about a generation ago. The bad ones, and there were few in my history, were usually cowardly bullies and were quickly run out of the department. The vast majority of us were hardworking and compassionate.

In my opinion we had a lot more discretion than those working today. In my day we might take someone home after being stopped for DUI or we might take them to jail.

We also commanded respect. This doesn’t sound PC today. But if we maintained control of the situations we found ourselves in then the vast majority of time no one was hurt.

In my career, I only drew my service weapon a few times when on duty and never fired it (just on the range). My partner shot and killed a homeless man who drew a knife on him and was within 21 feet. The homicide was deemed justified but my partner committed suicide 6 months later.

No way would I want to be a LEO today ‘though I found my time on the job fulfilling and rewarding.

Oh, my 1,000 rounds of 9mm were delivered yesterday. Thanks for the website!

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The thing that seems to be totally ignored, to me anyway, is that a cop, LEO, officer, is just another human being. Yes, they have a LOT of extra responsibility added to their job and that certainly increases stress. I am not surprised if a LEO loses his/her temper under heavy stress, that is simply a human reaction. I know training is supposed to stop that, but it is just not reasonable, to me, to expect anyone, LEO or civilian, to stand there and take the most vile verbal abuse combined with the physical abuse of being spit on, rocks and bottles being thrown, lasers pointed at their eyes and the rest of the gamut that "modern protestors" employ.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A squeegee and a spatula would work, too, along with a bucket for those scrapings.

If you didn't watch "The Salute to America" you missed some great stuff, especially the aircraft!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
in the twitter comments.... must be a Darwin lover...
View attachment 65511

EDIT: btw--- that case of 1,000 rounds of 115gr fmj American Eagle 9mm went up FIFTY DOLLARS now on that site.... Glad I got mine when I did. :thumb:
yes, it did, but still one of the cheapest to be had....or I should say even HAVE. Demand is just insane here lately.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Nowhere near St. Louis. My comment was more general than specific to their case. NOBODY should have to flee their home because violent assholes are threatening. If that couple left-- their home would be looted within 48 hours, and the cops would not do one damn thing. The liberals would be apologists for the criminals with a shrug and "Oh well-- that's what you get" as though it was justified.
I would kill to protect my home and family. Someone who says "Vandalism is not worth a life; A TV is not worth a life; a House is not worth a life" --- I agree-- I don't understand why they would sacrifice their life to try vandalize or destroy or steal my things. I guess those who think that way don't value their own life.

aaaaaaaaaand... the video is gone. What was it and what was said? Any other copies of it out there?? I am curious now, since a video that I assume was critical of Google (YouTube) suddenly is removed by the user.... Hmmmmm :wtf:
Anyone know the exact reasons Paul Harrell removed his Independence Day video. I only got to watch the first 1/4 and was going to come back and finish watching. Would have liked to see his full message.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know the exact reasons Paul Harrell removed his Independence Day video. I only got to watch the first 1/4 and was going to come back and finish watching. Would have liked to see his full message.
Man! That totally sucks!

My guess is the authoritarian left ( marxist, communist, "antifascists", anti-liberty group, .. ) and youtube got it pulled. ... this is exactly the sort of BS going on right now when we talk "culture wars" and when the Trump administration mentions the need to counter the censorship in the media.

Make no mistake - we are in a world which Orwell and Ray Bradbury ( Fahrenheit 451 ) among others are now rolling in their graves.

We are barreling down the road to greater civil unrest folks.... it is not gonna be pretty.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my greatest fear is that the far larger silent majority who think like many of us, that this shit has gone too far and must stop, wont typically do anything about it until it's so far gone that we end up sacrificing far too much. A lot of good normal people simply dont embrace standing up for themselves in the face of real danger be it physical or threats to their way of life. We've become weak and the opposition enemy knows this. (I use the word enemy as I truthfully believe we are in the midst of a very real struggle for the future of our country)

Like many, I'm taking the steps that I reasonably can and we'll be talking tomorrow at the monthly HOA meeting about general security up to and including perimeter defense plans.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Man! That totally sucks!

My guess is the authoritarian left ( marxist, communist, "antifascists", anti-liberty group, .. ) and youtube got it pulled. ... this is exactly the sort of BS going on right now when we talk "culture wars" and when the Trump administration mentions the need to counter the censorship in the media.

Make no mistake - we are in a world which Orwell and Ray Bradbury ( Fahrenheit 451 ) among others are now rolling in their graves.

We are barreling down the road to greater civil unrest folks.... it is not gonna be pretty.
what did Paul say this year?

Reaction score
Man! That totally sucks!

I have that same gut feeling .... and it scares me more than a little.

...I truthfully believe we are in the midst of a very real struggle for the future of our country)

Like many, I'm taking the steps that I reasonably can and we'll be talking tomorrow at the monthly HOA meeting about general security up to and including perimeter defense plans.
Yup. No HOA's here. I was going to say I'm on my own, but we actually have good supportive neighbors on my street and behind me.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what did Paul say this year?
Basically a very good sound:
Pro 1st Amendment
Pro 2nd Amendment

Be ok with people assembling in an attempt to address aggrievances .. but not ok to loot / vandalize
Be constructive in the discussion, attempt to understand the discussion - do not get into non-constructive "shouting" which people are doing now ( paraphrase.. he really did a much better job than I can... )

Seriously a great video, which if I were teaching high school civics I would require all students to watch and discuss... but of course then the authoritarians would be out for my skin...

FYI - just checked, here is the reason for the youtube video removal:

"Pinned by Paul Harrell
Paul Harrell
1 day ago
Hey everyone. We had to delete the independence day presentation due to the abundance of complaints about background noise and a few other things."

So good news, not a youtube take down as my first guess... bad news, video no available. ( too much shooting in the back ground.. )

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Back to Seattle for a moment. The driver of the white car turns out to be a Black man. One of the women hit has died and the other is in very serious condition. My question is why did the authorities in Seattle allowed Interstate 5 to be shut down for the BLM movement?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Back to Seattle for a moment. The driver of the white car turns out to be a Black man. One of the women hit has died and the other is in very serious condition. My question is why did the authorities in Seattle allowed Interstate 5 to be shut down for the BLM movement?
They are allowing these as a deterrent to Trump