US Elections (& Politics) :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
True story. I accidentally shared a link to this thread via Messenger. But realized it was the wrong person, so I "Unsent" it. Well that person got back to me and said that a pop-up appeared and said... "if unsent messages go against our community standards, they can still be included in a report". That tells me Messenger is scanning your privately shared links. And probably your entire conversations.

That's what they do in communist China right?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Israeli Phalanx Close-in air defense system (by Raytheon) simulating incoming missiles. . .

This is part of Israel's "Iron Dome" defense system.

There appear to be at least two high speed guns out of view of the camera, maybe more.

The white can in the foreground appears to be for close-in fire, in the event the longer range guns do not do the job. All this is radar/computer controlled, no human action except to turn it on.

Great American developed technology take down incoming missiles - - -
View attachment Skeet Shooting._._Mideast Style.MP4

Last edited:

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Israeli Phalanx Close-in air defense system (by Raytheon) engaging incoming missiles. . .

This is part of Israel's "Iron Dome" defense system.

There appear to be at least two high speed guns out of view of the camera, maybe more.

The white can in the foreground appears to be for close-in fire, in the event the longer range guns do not do the job. All this is radar/computer controlled, no human action except to turn it on.

What we are seeing are real shoot-downs, rockets launched from Lebanon aimed at Tel Aviv or other populated targets.

Great American developed technology take down incoming missiles - - -
The CIWS is an amazing piece of kit but that is not a real video of it in use.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
True story. I accidentally shared a link to this thread via Messenger. But realized it was the wrong person, so I "Unsent" it. Well that person got back to me and said that a pop-up appeared and said... "if unsent messages go against our community standards, they can still be included in a report". That tells me Messenger is scanning your privately shared links. And probably your entire conversations.

That's what they do in communist China right?
Everything you type in messenger is recorded and associated with you. Same as all of your web browsing. Some say even talking within earshot of the iPhone. I know I’ve seen some very odd coincidental ads show up for things spoken but not typed.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The CIWS is an amazing piece of kit but that is not a real video of it in use.
You know when it was sent to me I kept looking at the rocket explosions on the ground. They did not look right, I shrugged it of as bad video but now that I go back a look closer you can see it is animated. Thank You...I will Edit the post, the description sent to me...

Last edited: