US Elections (& Politics) :)

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Agreed.
I'm no automotive expert so if a person that's been fixing car engines for 25 years tells me a certain oil or fuel additive is NOT good for my engine, I'll listen.
When a hospital-based doctor or nurse doesn't want to get a certain vax because they've seen the results and weighed the advantages/disadvantages....I think I should pay attention to their correctly qualified and accurately informed judgement! :headbang:
My wife has been a nurse for 20 years at our local hospital. She had alot of respect from her coworkers and the drs. This past fall the hospital said they were going to roll out the mandate, but would accept exemptions.

She said there is no way she will take it from what she has already been seeing.
She also said she would not work for a organization that mandated a experimental drug. She walked and got alot of flak from her boss. She went right to HR to report the harassment and the next day they were begging her to stay and literally throwing everything at her to get her to stay.

She instantly had another offer at our family’s drs office. She took a drastic pay cut in all aspects of pay, benefits, vacation etc, but she’s happier than ever. It’s a small Christian based office and a majority of the staff have not taken the clot shot and they are all very vocal amongst each other that they won’t. And non of the drs there push it nor even talk about it unless the patient brings it up.

Like you, I trust nurses like my wife who have seen the issues first handed and have seen the “numbers” in real time in all regards over the past 2 years vs the “numbers” reported on the local news sources.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My wife has been a nurse for 20 years at our local hospital.
Wow...my wife was a RN for 25 years in a hospital setting as well (12 years in Birmingham, AL and 13 more closer to home). She retired October 2015. Her son and his wife are both ER nurses in Birmingham, still on "the front line" so we get lots of feedback and updates.

Reaction score
Where is our state of Texas in this? Primaries are coming up, I think it's time to get rid of Abbott.
Don't be so quick to dump Abbott. We could end up with Beto. He will be the Dem nominee. At least Abbott has the name and is the incumbent that I think would beat Beto. Put someone else against Beto and Beto could very well be our next governor.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't be so quick to dump Abbott. We could end up with Beto. He will be the Dem nominee. At least Abbott has the name and is the incumbent that I think would beat Beto. Put someone else against Beto and Beto could very well be our next governor.
Yeah if I had to pick between Beto and a rino like Abbott I would take Abbott. I kinda wish the other Republicans would agree to all drop out of the primaries except one whom they would support against Abbott but anyone is better than Beto.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah if I had to pick between Beto and a rino like Abbott I would take Abbott. I kinda wish the other Republicans would agree to all drop out of the primaries except one whom they would support against Abbott but anyone is better than Beto.
With more Blue State people moving to Texas .. Texas needs to rally around it's roots and make a solid political base .. if not, you risk getting watered down with Blue ..

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hear me out....

For starters, I am 100% for what the truckers are doing in Canada right now. The fact that citizens are standing up for themselves and saying enough is enough is what needs to happen world wide.

BUT; I’m not so sure if a truckers revolt or something similar would be very wise in the US right now.
Hear me out.
If a massive protest against edicts were to happen right now it would obviously make the supply chain issues we are seeing even more prevalent. It would more than likely drive up inflation even more due to supply and demand.

Right now we are in a election year and I can fully see the communist media to take full advantage of the supply chain issues they created and claim it all on the “right wing extremist” truckers for causing the high gas prices, food prices and lack of it all.
The RINO’s will also not associate themselves with the revolt and denounce it.

I can fully see the house and senate still going red, but instead of red with guys with backbone, the RINO’s will stay in, which we won’t notice any difference. They’ll work with the vegetable instead of stand up and fight

Then come 24, the RINO’s line Cheney and Mitch The Turtle will continue to destroy the country right with biden and at that election the drive by media will claim everything bad on the RINO run house and senate.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Capitol Police Dept. Rules Brutal Beating of Trump Supporter Rosanne Boyland on Steps of Capitol, While Unconscious, Who Then Died Was “Objectionably Reasonable”
Capitol Police Dept. Rules Brutal Beating of Trump Supporter Rosanne Boyland on Steps of Capitol, While Unconscious, Who Then Died Was "Objectionably Reasonable"

Good Nazi's
And the "Capitol Police Dept." investigated this and ruled on this themselves? Whatever happened to an impartial third party or at least another police dept. investigating?
How can any organization be be objective when investigating themselves? :idk:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@rolibr24
I think that has merit but I gave up on the Republican Party when I realized they were no different than the liberals, just more polite as the bent me over.

The only REAL change is going to come from exactly the kind of action, not words, the truckers are demonstrating.

Change only occurs when the pain to remain the same is greater than the pain to change.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@rolibr24
I think that has merit but I gave up on the Republican Party when I realized they were no different than the liberals, just more polite as the bent me over.

The only REAL change is going to come from exactly the kind of action, not words, the truckers are demonstrating.

Change only occurs when the pain to remain the same is greater than the pain to change.
Agree’d 10%, the republicans are just as bad as the communists. But, I think We The People are pissed off right now. I would Love to see every rino get primaried by new blood with a spine, then they take over in November.

Imagine a house and senate full of Trump like republicans.

Reaction score
So I read that article and thought it was really well written and balanced. I liked it so much, I linked it on my FaceBook page. Now this is something that I almost NEVER do...post anything REMOTELY political on FB. The only reason I have a FB page is to keep track of relatives and a few friends (yes, I do have a few) and post pics of our travels and some shooting events.

Now I fully expected FB to place a 'Fact Check' stamp on it and say something derogatory about it. But they did not do that. However, I never got a single comment or even a 'Like'. So I asked some folks, including my wife, if they had seen the post. No one had seen it. So FB basically did not place it on anyone's news feed from me. A different way of censuring it.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
So I read that article and thought it was really well written and balanced. I liked it so much, I linked it on my FaceBook page. Now this is something that I almost NEVER do...post anything REMOTELY political on FB. The only reason I have a FB page is to keep track of relatives and a few friends (yes, I do have a few) and post pics of our travels and some shooting events.

Now I fully expected FB to place a 'Fact Check' stamp on it and say something derogatory about it. But they did not do that. However, I never got a single comment or even a 'Like'. So I asked some folks, including my wife, if they had seen the post. No one had seen it. So FB basically did not place it on anyone's news feed from me. A different way of censuring it.
strange because Thats where I found it, on FB. A friend of mine shared it. But I also havint been seeing much today on my feed about the convoy groups im following either.